• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Border-Gavaskar Trophy all time XI

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Y'know, Pant's gonna get out many more times trying to do what he managed to pull off here. Be fun to see the fairweather pricks back to crowing about what a waste he is.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
^You either have tremendous recall and patience to pull up old posts or there's some bookmarking trick I don't know about. Either way, good call.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Border Gavaskar trophy stats so far:

Matches : 52
Won by Australia : 19
Won by India : 22
Draw : 11

Tosses won by Australia : 32
Tosses won by India : 20
Always felt like India wins far fewer tosses, this proves it!

Series by series breakdown has India having
8 series wins to Australia's 5 series wins.

Unbelievable to have such an amazing record over a team like Aus in last 25 years!

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
The series scoreline was 5-5 before the 2017 series in India. (and 16 Test wins each)

But tables have turned with India winning 3 series in a row. Incredible!

I bet Australia going to come so hard in 2022 to india to avenge some of this! That will be a cracker of a series!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha Australia have never bowled Zimbabwe out cheaper than 194. Losers.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
1. Gavaskar
2. Sehwag
3. Ponting
4. Tendulkar
5. Smith
6. Laxman
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne (in australia) / Kumble (in india)
9. Gillespie
10. Bumrah
11. McGrath
If its best of Bg, what's Warne and gilly doing there... further ponting has a meh record in Ind as well.

Always felt like India wins far fewer tosses, this proves it!

Series by series breakdown has India having
8 series wins to Australia's 5 series wins.

Unbelievable to have such an amazing record over a team like Aus in last 25 years!
Yeah and it in all probability will widen with home series in India. Actually, India should try and push for consecutive series at home, so the record eventually be like 30-19.

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
1.Hayden
2.Sehwag
3.Tendulkar
4.Laxman
5.Clarke*
6.Smith
7.Pant+
8.Kumble
9.Gillespie
10.Bumrah
11.McGrath

Ponting, Warne miss out due to their record in India. Pant has had more impact on BGT than Gilchrist. Gillespie leapfrogs Zaheer by not much. Rest of them are stalwarts in BGT's history

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I think there ought to be separate XIs for tests in India and Aus.

Peak Harbhajan would walk into that XI in India. Ponting would captain the one in Aus. The dichotomy in some performances is quite staggering, although understandable.

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
What’s Gillespie’s record in the BG? Thought Cummins has done enough.
If I am not wrong, Cummins has been part of three BGTs thus far, Australia has lost all three both home and away. Personal numbers mean very little if it has no positive impact on the results. Hazelwood is ahead of him in that regard for me.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's not good logic at all. I can't think of one Border Gavaskar Test Cummins has played where he's been mediocre or poor. Maybe Sydney 2019? Cummins vs Gillespie is very close though.