• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Birthdays

What's the best way to say happy birthday to CWers?

• Total voters

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Have one thread. I'm sure a mod can change the title to suit whomever's birthday it is on the appropriate day.
As I said in the other thread, I like them as long as they are only done for active members ie not guys who have left or haven't posted in ages.
I don't mind 'em as such, but clearly usernames are the way to go. I clicked onto "HB Cameron" fully expecting it to be andyc's when it was Burgey. It's not like I'm a newbie either.
Agree with multiple people here. Although I am pretty sure 2 out of 3 are not going to get addressed. ;)

You missed the vital third option on the poll.

No birthday threads whatsoever.
This is the best option. :)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The really, really pressing question here is....

WHERE THE HELL WAS MINE FOR YESTERDAY??

Seriously, how's a guy supposed to survive the first anniversary of his 29th birthday when he doesn't have a day's worth of forced external validation from cricket fans he's never met?

:p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You've not got your birthday on display mate, check it out. Else I'd naturally have been in there like a shot. You can change that to opt to display it by the edit profile command on your User CP.

(Presuming, that is, you used the right date on your signup? :p)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: Ah, so that's how it's done - I just assumed you had a spreadsheet of birthdays, full names, addresses, first pet etc. :p

Meh, the moment's passed now - I've moved on with my life. ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well this has ended-up being one hell of a lot closer than I'd thought... would be good if some more OT-regulars could make their input though. Cass, Lang, Mitchell, etc.

Do I guess we want to be holding-off "The *Official* Birthday Thread" for the time being?