• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

biggest hitters

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lance Klusener was a brutal hitter of the ball for mine. Adam Gilchrist is probably the sweetest hitter to the leg that I've seen.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
sirjeremy11 said:
Well it blocks out ####, and ####, and ####, and ###### ######.

Once I tried to put down ###### and it blocked that too.
I like how it edits nigh****chman.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
honestbharani said:
Sehwag is under rated when it comes to rating big hitters. Some of his sixes are MASSIVE.
Sehwag's not much of a big-hitter. Most of his sixes just brush the rope, though he too can hit the fence a few times. In fact, almost all of India's premier batsmen just hit the ropes without aiming too far. Anyway:
  • Australia– All of them. It's just Gilchrist and Symonds who do it more often.
  • England– Flintoff, Pietersen and maybe Trescothick and Giles.
  • India– Dhoni, Irfan, JP Yadav, Bangar and even Yuvraj
  • New Zealand– MAYBE Jacob Oram....now that Cairns has retired (or has he come back?)
  • Pakistan– Shahid Afridi. None of the others can match that. Then again, maybe Razzaq and Akmal.
  • South Africa– Kemp, Pollock and van der Wath.
  • Sri Lanka– Jayasuriya, Vandort, Zoysa, Chandana
  • West Indies– All of them.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Arjun said:
Sehwag's not much of a big-hitter. Most of his sixes just brush the rope, though he too can hit the fence a few times. In fact, almost all of India's premier batsmen just hit the ropes without aiming too far. Anyway:
  • Australia– All of them. It's just Gilchrist and Symonds who do it more often.
  • England– Flintoff, Pietersen and maybe Trescothick and Giles.
  • India– Dhoni, Irfan, JP Yadav, Bangar and even Yuvraj
  • New Zealand– MAYBE Jacob Oram....now that Cairns has retired (or has he come back?)
  • Pakistan– Shahid Afridi. None of the others can match that. Then again, maybe Razzaq and Akmal.
  • South Africa– Kemp, Pollock and van der Wath.
  • Sri Lanka– Jayasuriya, Vandort, Zoysa, Chandana
  • West Indies– All of them.
Ashley Giles has five sixes in his Test career.

Steve Harmison has nine.

:huh:

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
When Afridi or KP are set there isn't a ground big enough for either of them, and for comedy value, Devon Malcolm. Boy he could hit a cricket ball hard.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arjun said:
New Zealand– MAYBE Jacob Oram....now that Cairns has retired
Probably our biggest hitter yes, that one hit out of Jade Stadium in Christchurch was absolutely massive. Brendon McCullum can hit quite powerfully too though, especially for someone of his height.

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
Armadillo said:
:unsure:
Say what?
Thats what i was about to say..Vandort? the same guy who played like Ravi Shastri version 2.0, in the VB series game against Australia. He was on 8 after facing 43 deliveries.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I'd have to go for Pieterson, some of his shots during the last tour of South Africa and last English summer were amazing.

Plenty of players are capable of giving it a mighty thump...but in terms of having the confidence to go for it regularly and not being intimidated by the situation...aswell as the execution....dont think theres anyone better than Pieterson.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Timing of a big hit I'd definitely go Gilly, but for the sheer velocity or power behind the shot, I'd have to go for Afridi or Lance Klusener. Both hit the ball hard. Lance hit his 4s extremely hard as well, it was like he was aiming to not only get it to the boundary but smash the leather off the ball too.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Some big-hitters -

Australia - Gilchrist, Symonds, Hussey, Ponting(I still cant forget those huge 6s he hit off us in the World cup 2003 final), Brett Lee
Bangladesh - Mohammad Rafique(Only Bangladeshi who can make this list, however we will see a few more out here in the next 2-3 years)
England - Flintoff, Pietersen, Collingwood
India - Dhoni, Irfan Pathan, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Even Tendulkar and Ganguly in their prime were big-hitters.
New Zealand - Lou Vincent, Astle, Jacob Oram, McCullum
Pakistan - Afridi, Akmal, Razzaq and even Mohammad Yousuf can hit those big 6s if required
Sri Lanka - Jayasurya, Lokuhettige, Chandana
South Africa - Smith, Kemp, Pollock, vander Wath
West Indies - Gayle, Lara and even Chanderpaul can do it if required
Zimbabwe - Streak, Blignaut
From non-test playing nations - John Davison(Canada) and Edgar Schiferli(Holland) deserve a mention.