• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest hit you've ever seen.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Brett Lee at the ICC champions throphy..

he just massacerd it biggest six I have ever seen and my a mile to..

Went so far out of the ground that it landed in the nereby carpark smashing a car window..

Others I can remember are Ponting hammering the ball to the very top teir of the Gabba and some of the big sixes he hit in the WC finall..

Also Chris Cairns went mad one day against Shane Warne and some of those sixes where just masive.. one of them went onto the street i think.

Majin

International Debutant
When Merv Dillon smacked Shaun Pollock (I think) for six straight out of the ground on his first ball, I think. I was ****ing my pants when he did that.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Jayasuriya square cutted ntini over the point boundary for six which went out of the centurion park..... unbelievable

howardj

International Coach
Junior Waugh at the WACA in 1997. Straight drive which landed on the roof. Hit it on the up. Magnificent!

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Kapil Dev in the 80's playing Queensland at the Gabba in a tour match. He hit a six which landed near the top of the stand at the Stanley street end. A few overs later he hit one over the stand and into Stanley street where they lost the ball. Amazing!!

Hoggy31

International Captain
when i was bowling to my dad in the nets once he hit me straight back over my head and it went about 90 metres. (he once made 72 with 9 sixes)

Chubb

International Regular
Andy Blignaut hitting Keith Dutch on to the roof of the Ian Botham Stand at Taunton

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure how entirely accurate this is as I didn't see it and these things often get more impressive in the telling, but it's pretty much folklore in the area in question now.

Some of my family lives in the area surrounding a town in Australia called Port Macquarie, and reportedly some time during the 80s Viv Richards was in the area playing in an exhibition match, and hit a ball out of the local stadium, across the road and on to the beach, and it bounced into the ocean.

Having seen the area in question while hearing the story, it's a pretty damn big hit. ;)

PY

International Coach
Biggest I've seen live (as in at the ground) would be Paul Franks for Notts v Caistor CC in Wayne Noon's testimonial went a long long way over the sightscreen and needless to say the ball was well and truly lost.

One of the best sixes I think I've seen (on TV) was Freddie against Pollock (I think but far from certain of that) in 2003 when he was on the back foot and backfoot drove the ball over long-on and into the stands. The forearm and upper body power that it would have taken to do that with no following momentum (ie drives have the weight going into the ball and hooks use the pace of the ball on top of power) was immense.

Not nearly as long as some that have been mentioned but it'll stick in my memory for a while to come.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
Biggest I've seen live (as in at the ground) would be Paul Franks for Notts v Caistor CC in Wayne Noon's testimonial went a long long way over the sightscreen and needless to say the ball was well and truly lost.
That was distinctly large, it was around about that point where I started to struggle to keep up in the scorebox!

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
iv also heard that he made a hole in some one's roof in england too playin 4 leicestershire
dont know if that's true or not

DJellett

International Debutant
Simon Bence hit a ball a distance of over 200 metres in his innings of 195 off 60 balls in a match a year ago. We lost 7 overs due to time lost lookinf=g for the ball repeatedly and the team ended up 555 a/o after 55 overs.

DJellett

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Not sure how entirely accurate this is as I didn't see it and these things often get more impressive in the telling, but it's pretty much folklore in the area in question now.

Some of my family lives in the area surrounding a town in Australia called Port Macquarie, and reportedly some time during the 80s Viv Richards was in the area playing in an exhibition match, and hit a ball out of the local stadium, across the road and on to the beach, and it bounced into the ocean.

Having seen the area in question while hearing the story, it's a pretty damn big hit.
Indeed true - my uncle was on the beach having just left the cricket.

DT8

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Saeed Anwar once hit one onto the roof of the Adelaide Oval (it wasnt out of the ground but then the Adelaide oval is pretty long).