• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest flop of Indo-Pak series??

Who do you think will be biggest flop of Indo-Pak test series

• M Sami

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Z Khan

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Shabbir Ahmad

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Laxman

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Ganguly

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Inzamam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Raj123

U19 Debutant
im not writing off shoaib. i was giving an example of how pace alone will not get you wickets and bowling intelligently in 80's mph could well get you wickets.

i'm sure you dont agree with the following claims, do you?

Pathan and Balaji only bowl at 80 mph and when they are 30 they will bowl 70mph.Even Shahid Afridi bowls his spinners faster than them.Even Shoaibs slower ball is faster then them.Even if waqar came back he would bowl at balajis pace

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't agree with that sentiment no, but still think people writing off Akhtar are being a tad silly as I'm sure he won't be that poor next time.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Raj123 said:
im not writing off shoaib. i was giving an example of how pace alone will not get you wickets and bowling intelligently in 80's mph could well get you wickets.

Its stupid to compare one of the top pacer with a new commer.The way i see it, if Shoaib fails it makes headlines while the new commer only makes the headlines if he gets some wkts!

Raj123

U19 Debutant
mate, dont work yourself up toomuch, you completely missed the boat there. Only if you read past the first sentence, you'd realise the post has nothing to do with shoaib(who i think is the world's best fast bowler at the moment....are you happy now.:) )

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
I don't agree with that sentiment no, but still think people writing off Akhtar are being a tad silly as I'm sure he won't be that poor next time.
He was pretty ropey in the morning session on day 1 of the second test

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
luckyeddie said:
He was pretty ropey in the morning session on day 1 of the second test
Shoiab Akhtar is an interesting topic. As an aspiring fast bowler, I can only admire him. But I wonder if, despite his public admonishing of Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis as opening bowlers (when he claimed that had he been born in Australia, with McGrath and Gillespie opening, he would have taken the most wickets ever), he does not understand how much the two legends really did for him. They opened the bowling, often dismissed one or both openers, and set an aggressive, attacking tone, before Akhtar bowled his first 160 kmph inswinging yorker. Now of course, Akhtar has opened the bowling and taught a lesson to the New Zealand batting lineup, which is a formidable one, and he also played well against the South Africans, but I think it is as a first-change bowler that Akhtar really becomes venomous. I think Pakistan would be well-advised to consider opening with Sami and Gul, and letting Akhtar come in 10-15 overs into the session.

But of course Akhtar could bowl another 5-3 spell opening the third innings and make me look utterly foolish!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Raj123 said:
mate, dont work yourself up toomuch, you completely missed the boat there. Only if you read past the first sentence, you'd realise the post has nothing to do with shoaib(who i think is the world's best fast bowler at the moment....are you happy now.:) )

I never asked for ur opinion, i found some commenst rather stupid and posted my views. Akhter is not my fav cricketer nor do i think he's the world best:rolleyes: