• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Bash League 2014/15

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I assumed he was there just for publicity and to sell the game to a global audience which he is probably doing to a degree. I mean GIMH tries to watch him on the tv when he plays. Or whoever is in charge hadn't realised that Flintoff was 5 years retired, which seems just as likely.

The bash struggles a bit with the australian players being absent and the teams increased from the 6 state teams to 8 which inevitably means there are gonna be a few less capable players than normal.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
This is often the part of the tournament that goes a bit awry, where the wickets are getting a bit slower and the curators don't want to change some of them yet, in case they have to host a final.

Sort of makes it look like English T20, with the pace out of the wickets.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thunder have had no luck with injures so far. Usman, Patterson, Bedwetter and now Hussey. And I think I might be missing someone

Spikey

As above, they didn't have a lot of choice. (McDonald was the other injury btw). It was him or Scott Henry.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So good of Channel 10 to show LIVE day-night Shield Cricket. Cosgrove is doing a good job seeing off the new ball.

Spikey

Are their stocks really that low?
I mean I've just told you about 3 batsmen who have got injured for the Thunder thus far. BBL teams barely carry 3 reserve batsmen, and the 3rd reserve batsman isnt typically very good

Antihippy

International Debutant
I mean I've just told you about 3 batsmen who have got injured for the Thunder thus far. BBL teams barely carry 3 reserve batsmen, and the 3rd reserve batsman isnt typically very good
Ah sorry. Seems like I've missed that.

Been a pretty poor show today though. Feel bad for the people who paid to go today.

Antihippy

International Debutant
I'm usually the first to complain about t20 being too much of a batsmen game but this pitch was a step too far.