• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bhanuka Rajapaksa Calls Quit on his International Career

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was shocked to read about this. He is an immensely talented batsman...some of his strokeplay is fluent, and he is a busy batsman at the crease.

"I have very carefully considered my position as a player, husband and am taking this decision looking forward to fatherhood and associated familial obligations," SLC cited Rajapaksa's resignation letter as stating.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SLC fitness targets were too stringent for him it seems. Was unfit but then worked on and passed the SLC standards. Now SLC has updated standards and BR has issues in achieving them. I don't think even players like KJP, Avishka Fernando and Charith Asalanka would pass those standards. Should have let him play with his current state of fitness. We know what happened to Inzamam and Shane Watson once they tried to become fitter. Inzi lost form and Watson broke down.

Edit: And BR is an educated fellow with other avenues of income. Unlike many other SL cricketers, he doesn't care much about match fees.