• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best young Batsman in World Cricket today

Craig

World Traveller
Pieterson has had only one Test series, wait until and see how he fares against everybody else? The way people go on about him as if he is the next Bradman.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pedro Delgado said:
I think of Sehwag and Sarwan as veterans now, so don't really ackowledge them.
Yet you said Pietersen and De Villiers are streets ahead of them. :mellow:

Not including Sehwag who I think is quite above the rest, my top 5 (in no real order) are Clarke, Pietersen, Sarwan, De Villiers and Marshall.

Kaif needs to actually get into the Indian test team first, but I rate him very highly.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Protea said:
Where's Graeme Smith? He's only 24.
LOL True. Smith and Sehwag should probably be left off the list I reckon, since they're quite clearly accomplished batsmen. Sarwan could fit that mould too.

Craig

World Traveller
Kaif is stuggling to get in then it suggests he isn't what they are looking for Test wise, or he is getting screwed around.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Craig said:
Kaif is stuggling to get in then it suggests he isn't what they are looking for Test wise, or he is getting screwed around.
Its quite clearly the latter. He's no world beater, but he needs a consistent opportunity to show what he can do. Unfortunately he's not getting that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd definately go for Smith, then Sehwag, but they shouldnt really count IMO.

After that, I'd have to say De Villiers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cric_manic said:
people dont seem to rate Marshall,but he is from NZ so im not suprised
So it'd have nothing to do with people thinging players like Sehwag are better then, it's all about his nationality 8-)