• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Twenty20 Batsman

Who is the best Twenty20 International batsman?

• Total voters

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The title says it all really. Who is the best Twenty20 batsman? I don't want any of the Twenty20 Is Boring Society coming in here and degrading it either, so stay away :p

Laurrz

International Debutant
i know he isnt in the current Aussie team but id go for Cameron White

hope hes fit for Vics for the big bash and stars in the IPL :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Said Matt Hayden based on what I heard of his efforts at the 20/20 WC, and what I know of how he plays.

Perm

I could've included Oram and Jayasuriya too, but then I figured "Other" might fit the bill.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Symonds, Oram, Yuvraj and Afridi are all very good

Ponting is brilliant in any form of cricket also

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Going with international form, you have to chose Gambhir's 270 runs at 41.42 and strike rate of 127.75 with 4 fifties. Don't mention Symonds' average either, because it is the product of not outs. I think someone who can score quickish fifties is more valuable than someone who can hit 20 off 10 balls then get out, but that being said, two different roles at different places in the order.

Still going for Gambhir though.

Perm

Symonds, Oram, Yuvraj and Afridi are all very good

Ponting is brilliant in any form of cricket also
Shahid Afridi has actually been fairly mediocre as a Twenty20 batsman so far in his career, and has contributed more by bowling his quick leg-spinners.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Smith, Gayle, Hayden, Ul Haq and Justin Kemp are also very good 20/20 players.

Craig McMillan was quite effective before he gave it away.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Going with international form, you have to chose Gambhir's 270 runs at 41.42 and strike rate of 127.75 with 4 fifties. Don't mention Symonds' average either, because it is the product of not outs. I think someone who can score quickish fifties is more valuable than someone who can hit 20 off 10 balls then get out, but that being said, two different roles at different places in the order.

Still going for Gambhir though.
only 4 not outs for Roy.. one of which 2*..so that didnt make much difference to the average
lowest not out score otherwise is 39*

Josh

International Regular
Nah that's a miscue from Cameron White. Crosthwaite's sixes at the 'G last year were pretty clean hits. I remember at least one of them clearing the fence, which is a fair effort to deep point. From memory he got a bit lower almost one knee on the ground to get everything behind it.

Laurrz

International Debutant
dont remember too much (well as much as you lol).. just remember his knock in the final.. i was there.. he saved us a bit.. and played that famous scoop :p