• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best SA WC Team

Best SA WC Team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA 99 side. Incredible balance that team had , we had genuine batting all the way to No.10 plus a heap bowling options.
Agree they were a great side. But always felt as though the batting to 9 or 10 was somewhat balanced out by not having a great middle order. Like their 7-10 batting was way stronger than anyone else's, but their 1-6 was average
I voted 99 but I think it might be the 03 or 07 ones. Maybe 2011.

Sometimes the best lose.
Guess it depends on whether we are talking absolute, or relatively. 03 and 07 they were clearly inferior to at least 1 or 2 teams, whereas 1999 they were closer to being the best team

Kirkut

International Regular
Yeah, but they were only the 4th best side in the tournament and their batting was too slow.
Yes, the 1999 side had plenty of batting firepower but imo the bowling unit was amazing from the 1992 side, seriously quick bowlers.

Objectively it could be the 1999 side, but the 1992 team is my personal favourite.