• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Runs of Form

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
For a while, it seems that some players are Superman. But who?

For mine (in no particular order):

Shane Warne (1993-1997 and 2004-2006)
Viv Richards (1978-1984)
Waqar Younis (1990-1996)
Ricky Ponting (2003-?)
Imran Khan (1985-1991)
Brian Lara (1992-1994)
Steve Waugh (1994-1998)
Mike Hussey (2005-?)
Glenn McGrath (2004-2006)
Adam Gilchrist (2001-2002)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Tendulkar: 1998 - 1999

15 tests, average of 72, with 8 centuries.

In the 1998 Season, he had 6 tests, 3 centuries with average of 80+.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Ricky Ponting a little while ago was insane. Pure run scoring efficiency epitomised. I don't have stats on his recent run of form, but I'll bet someone does.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ponting and Dravid 2003-2004 were freaks (signalled their official arrival), and Ponting did even better in 2005-06.

Tendulkar was ridiculously good in 97-98. On top of his test tons, his ODI stats in that period are ridiculous.

displaced

Cricket Spectator
Vaughan reigned supreme from 2002 until the end of the Australian summer '03.

12 tests, 1533 runs at 76.65 with 7 tons.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
McGrath from the 97 ashes to the injury he suffered in the 2002 ashes was superb in all conditions all over the world.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Matthew Hayden a couple of years ago when he was especially dominant in the days of langer and hayden destroying oppositions

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Slats4ever said:
Matthew Hayden a couple of years ago when he was especially dominant in the days of langer and hayden destroying oppositions
That's the one I thought of too.

From March 2001 to July 2004, he had 4,523 runs @ 69.58. Insane.

Edit: Oh, and Laxman whenever he plays Australia

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Is it just tests? If not then Ramps has done ok this season

14 Matches 23 Innings 2 Not Outs 2211 Runs 301* HS 105.28 Average 60.95 Strike rate 8 Hundreds 8 Fifties.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Pratyush said:
Not a good run of form - Neil Pickup's batting any time in his division Z club career.
Oi. When you come in with five balls left and 18 to win and you get there, then you can start digging.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
Oi. When you come in with five balls left and 18 to win and you get there, then you can start digging.
This is not the first time we are hearing of this inning and certainly wont be the last! :D

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yep I was thinking Botham. Some great years there, before the many years of not-so-great...