• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best peice of batting from a individual in the last year.

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
My best peice of batting in the last year has to be Paul Collingwood when he scored 300 in Australia

Nominate them now, please say who the batsmen is, and where abouts in the world the peice was done

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
Another one was Ponting when he was the first one to reach 3 figures in the Ashes Series, not my favourite but a good one. Btw why are most of the people mentioned Aussies. :S

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Another one was Ponting when he was the first one to reach 3 figures in the Ashes Series, not my favourite but a good one. Btw why are most of the people mentioned Aussies. :S
Well there has only been a couple of people who have given there opinion so far.

2 people from Australia chose an Aussie and you chose an English, go figure.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shiv Chanderpaul deserves a mention for his efforts in England. Arguably the very best this year IMO.

stumpski

International Captain
My best peice of batting in the last year has to be Paul Collingwood when he scored 300 in Australia

It was 'only' 206 actually - if he'd made 300 we wouldn't have lost - but I think I agree. Given the state of the series and quality of the opposition.

IMO = in my opinion.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Sangakkara's hundreds in New Zealand were up there imo. Lara's double hundred in this match, and Yousuf's twin hundreds in the following Test were very good as well.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Off the top of my head and approximately in order

Adam Gilchrist Wc Final v sri Lanka

Shiv Chanderpaul 3rd test v England

Paul Collingwood 2nd Test v Australia

Adam Gilchrist 3rd Test v England

Matthew Hayden 3rd Odi v New Zealand

This is only the ones I have watched so there will be some glaring ommisions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In Tests a few that come to mind are Sangakkara's twin tons in NZ as Dasa mentioned (could easily be undervalued because of the low-key nature of the series); Kevin Pietersen's 142 against Lanka at Edgbaston (just over a year ago, but fits IMO), Gilchrist's blitzkreig at The WACA and Collingwood's double-century at Adelaide Oval. Hard to say definitively that any of those were the best TBH, but if I had to choose I'd go for Sangakkara.

In ODIs the Gilchrist knock in the WC final or the Jayasuriya dissection of England's excuse for a bowling-attack at Headingley last summer stand-out above all for me. Grudging mention, obviously, to the Hayden 18whatever-it-was*.

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
In Tests a few that come to mind are Sangakkara's twin tons in NZ as Dasa mentioned (could easily be undervalued because of the low-key nature of the series); Kevin Pietersen's 142 against Lanka at Edgbaston (just over a year ago, but fits IMO), Gilchrist's blitzkreig at The WACA and Collingwood's double-century at Adelaide Oval. Hard to say definitively that any of those were the best TBH, but if I had to choose I'd go for Sangakkara.

In ODIs the Gilchrist knock in the WC final or the Jayasuriya dissection of England's excuse for a bowling-attack at Headingley last summer stand-out above all for me. Grudging mention, obviously, to the Hayden 18whatever-it-was*.

Richard totally off-topic but how did you become a accidental founder of Twenty20 cricket is boring society, it says anybody who posts in here will automatically become a member of the society so why did you say that if it was accident?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was deliberate from that thread onwards, but that the idea (and hence the thread) came about by accident, as a result of discussion in another thread.

BTW, you'd have done better to quote my sig than that post to say that. :p