• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best match you have ever been to?

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Aston Villa drawing 1-1 with Southampton in 99.

Yeah I haven't been to many games...

99*

International Debutant
Cricket: NZ vs Australia CH series 2007, watching us chase down 336.

Non-cricket: 1997 ARL Grand Final, 2000 Belgian Grand Prix, Origin #1 2007 (predicted the result and JT's field-goal).

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Cricket-wise, the last day of the 2005 Ashes, nothing even comes within the same league.

Football-wise, the best match in terms of entertainment was either Pompey 6 Derby 2 in February 2003, or Pompey 3 West Brom 2 in December 2004. The best in terms of the most important was when I saw us survive relegation from the Championship by one goal, by beating Barnsley 3-0 at the end of the 2000-2001 season. The best in terms of what it meant to me was undoubtedly our 3-1 win over Birmingham City in April 2004 - it was the first time I'd seen us play, and therefore the first time I'd seen us win, in the Premiership. Very proud moment.

I also saw us play Inter in a friendly which was pretty cool. Adriano is as lazy as the Italian press would tell you he is.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket: NZ vs Australia CH series 2007, watching us chase down 336.

Non-cricket: 1997 ARL Grand Final, 2000 Belgian Grand Prix, Origin #1 2007 (predicted the result and JT's field-goal).
Was the 2000 GP the one with Hakkinen's incredible overtake of Schumacher where he went round Zonta as well? One of my favourite F1 memories, itbt.

99*

International Debutant
Was the 2000 GP the one with Hakkinen's incredible overtake of Schumacher where he went round Zonta as well? One of my favourite F1 memories, itbt.
Yep, that's the one, I was a the start/finish line so didn't see it live, but watched some replays. Best over-take I've ever seen.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's what happened with the Belgian one, Schumacher went the wrong side of the backmarker and the guy overtaking got a huge advantage because of it.

99*

International Debutant
That's what happened with the Belgian one, Schumacher went the wrong side of the backmarker and the guy overtaking got a huge advantage because of it.
Schumacher went for the racing line, Hakkinen was in a faster car, the only advantage he got was the fact that MS did not block the inside, watch the pass, you can see MS is still in front of MK after both pass Zonda(?) the fact that MK then had the inside and he out-braked MS was what caused the pass, not the backmarker. It was a better pass because of the risk involved, MS went around because he thought the backmarker was moving to the inside, MK saw this and took a hige risk to take the inside line.