• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best fielding side?

Kimbo

International Debutant
Which team has the best fielding unit overall?
I think a few of those sides can be knocked off that list straight away, but i will give their supporters a chance to vote with their heart.

Kimbo

International Debutant
NZ is in a strong position out of the blocks...
I voted for NZ, I think i did so with my head not my heart. Though I think NZ is more of a fielding side than a batting or a bowling side!
South Africa and Australia are good too.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia closely followed by South Africa i would say.
Ive been impressed with the way England have fielded tonght against Sri Lanka though, but they have been too poor on too mnay other occasions to be anywhere near the top of the list.

Bazza

International 12th Man
England have some very good fielders - especially in the ODI side. I understand Collingwood's catch today was hailed ''one of the summer's best'' - of course you would have a hard time bettering McGrath's!!!

I voted for South Africa because Australia and NZ have been poorer than usual in recent matches.

DISCLAIMER: My vote was in no way influenced by the immortal efforts of one Jonty Rhodes. :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WEST INDIES!!!!!!!!!!

no really....stop laughing...

Seriously SA hands down! Rhodes is good enough for 5 fielders and Gibbs is brilliant as well. Pollock is a great catcher, Kallis and Klusener have safe hands, Boucher's amazing and they all can slide better than any team.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Pakistan ofcourse :saint:

Its South Africa followed closely by Australia and New Zealand. South Africans take the edge because they are very athletic and lively.

Pakistan have improved their fielding a lot, and its showing in the current series, if you happen to have seen the current matches some very good catches were taken and the ground fielding was very good as well. But they are clearly not yet in the league of SA or Aus. India also have imporved, maybe because of the inception of young players, ground fielding has certainly improved but their catching is sometimes very dismal.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
OK who voted for Zimbabwe? Own up!

Yes I'm looking at you Rik... :P
Not me...I haven't even voted yet...hang on...now I have...

Whatever you say Zimbabwe are not actually that bad a fielding side, Streak has a safe pair of hands and a superb throwing arm, Grant Flower is a very good Gully-Slip fielder and Campbell and Flower are good in the slips (although I'd rather see Flower behind the stumps)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vandemataram

Its easily Australia, SA are probably closer to Aussies.Among the Asians SL are the better ones!
Especially after their amazing performance in the match against England :lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by Rik

Its easily Australia, SA are probably closer to Aussies.Among the Asians SL are the better ones!
Especially after their amazing performance in the match against England :lol::lol::lol:
That doesn't make any difference atall! That is because i don't judge a team by onematch (unlike Bizzare theorist:D).And most importantly, Asians are poor fielders, SL are comparatively better than Inida and Pakistan , who happen to be one of the poorest fielding side in the game!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
That doesn't make any difference atall! That is because i don't judge a team by onematch (unlike Bizzare theorist:D).And most importantly, Asians are poor fielders, SL are comparatively better than Inida and Pakistan , who happen to be one of the poorest fielding side in the game!
Ok, and when they toured England? That was an entire series...:P

Sri Lanka the best? No way...even with Ganguly and a batsman keeping wicket it's got to be INDIA :lol::lol::lol:

Also Pakistan did bloody well 2 years ago when they played England and Australia in England.

Originally posted by Rik
[
Ok, and when they toured England? That was an entire series...:P
So??? i can give you references of many series in which Pak and India fielded very poorly.

Sri Lanka the best? No way...even with Ganguly and a batsman keeping wicket it's got to be INDIA :lol::lol::lol:
Thst a pile of garbage anmd you know that.

Also Pakistan did bloody well 2 years ago when they played England and Australia in England.
Interesting, since they happen to have done SOOOOO well 2 years ago, they should now be regarded as the best fielding side in the world:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
So basically all the Asian countries are rubbish at fielding in your opinion...
You have no sense of humour...
And even though a team takes 2 amazing catches and field well during a series they are still crap?
(In that order)

They are and have been poor in fielding, many factors were behind thta.Sl somehow improved a lot in fielding, now they are totally down, and as such are faring poorly in all department of the game.

And yeah, i don't have a senseless humor unlike you!

I though Akhter was pathetic in the last oneday (in fielding) dropped an easy catch of Kirstein. Inzi is always dull and Anwar and Waqar aren't the best of fielders.
The good one they had were Nazir and Malik which aren't in the team nowdays!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well a lot of people seem to find the stuff I say funny ;) You must be one of those "others" :lol:

Originally posted by Rik
Well a lot of people seem to find the stuff I say funny ;) You must be one of those "others" :lol:
So you have a batallion of servile flatterers!

[Edited on 17/12/2002 by vandemataram]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they would be very insulted to be called a "batallion of servile flatterers!!!"