• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Won my cup game :) and I have an easy game in round 2 as well. I think he is a member at cricketweb also. Pop from Saturday:

Bill Cox - 26yo, BT Rating=55,570,
A steady LH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and quality experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: strong
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: quality
Fielding: respectable

What price do low and high respectable 17yo sell for at around this time? What kind of wage would a high competent be as well?

Thanks guys.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure about the price for a 17 yo, but, depending on secondaries, anything around 600 is pretty close to respectable AFAIK

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Cameron, I see you've cracked Div 2 OD yet again. Nice work. How's your side looking? I haven't been around much but I've been rejigging the side recently. I'd really focused heavily on getting young players in, at the detriment of present performance, but I've since sold a trainee or two and bought an older player to replace him. Sitting in Div 3 OD/FC and Div 4 BT20 - looking to promote in all 3, and realistically could, although I heavily doubt it in FC. The side is looking pretty decent at the moment but I've only just caught on to the whole '100k+ wage freak' phase, not looking forward to having to recruit elite/elite players for a season and then moving them on. Too much effort :ph34r:

I made a big effort to assemble a freak bowling lineup, ended up selling Hulse (22yo rem bat wond bowl) and buying Sanders (28yo mast/phon bowl). The end result:

Allott (sens/exc)
Appleyard (sens/exc)
Sanders (mast/phon)
Salhan (mast/sens)
Holdsworth (exq/phon)

Hopefully going to give me a better chance at actually bowling ****s out in FC :dry:

nibbs

International Captain
Haha Cameron, I see you've cracked Div 2 OD yet again. Nice work. How's your side looking? I haven't been around much but I've been rejigging the side recently. I'd really focused heavily on getting young players in, at the detriment of present performance, but I've since sold a trainee or two and bought an older player to replace him. Sitting in Div 3 OD/FC and Div 4 BT20 - looking to promote in all 3, and realistically could, although I heavily doubt it in FC. The side is looking pretty decent at the moment but I've only just caught on to the whole '100k+ wage freak' phase, not looking forward to having to recruit elite/elite players for a season and then moving them on. Too much effort :ph34r:

I made a big effort to assemble a freak bowling lineup, ended up selling Hulse (22yo rem bat wond bowl) and buying Sanders (28yo mast/phon bowl). The end result:

Allott (sens/exc)
Appleyard (sens/exc)
Sanders (mast/phon)
Salhan (mast/sens)
Holdsworth (exq/phon)

Hopefully going to give me a better chance at actually bowling ****s out in FC :dry:
rob. nice looking bowling lineup. actually, it's better than mine ffs.

Anton (exq/mirac)
Allison (sens/phon)
Spring (mast/mast)
Scholes (sens/mast)
McIntosh (excep/mirac)

you know, we really should tee up a bhutia-duggan trophy match at the end of the season.

i ballsed up allison's nets so he has a few more weeks to go it would seem. coates is now ready to start developing into a real superstar bat. or duggan 2.0. he's the guy i hope can lead me to I.1 OD glory this season.

Jon Coates - 22 yo, BT Rating=145,654, Wage=£53,417
A destructive LH batsman and a destructive LF bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and respectable experience. He favours Fast-Medium Bowling but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: exquisite Concentration: masterful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable
Fielding: exquisite

Grady Allison - 25 yo, BT Rating=142,961, Wage=£52,262
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and wonderful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: strong
Bowling: sensational Consistency: phenomenal
Fielding: quality

andyc

Allott (sens/exc)
Appleyard (sens/exc)
Sanders (mast/phon)
Salhan (mast/sens)
Holdsworth (exq/phon)

Am really only focusing on ODs tbh. Side looks much the same, with Canning (wond/wond bat, exq/exq bowl) getting on at 31, but 23 yar old allrounder Hamilton (exc/mast bat, mast/mir bowl) an up and comer. Other two bowlers are both exquisite, and am training up the fifth bowler aws. Tedstone at qual/prof trying not to concede more than 60 a game in the meantime. Definitely better in the bowling though, my batting line up's still a little below par, with Terry (sens/mast), Burger (sens/sens) and Maguire (exc/exc) shouldering most of the work.

andyc

Brian Maguire - 21 yo, BT Rating=73,193, Wage=£29,055
A defensive LH batsman and a defensive LH finger spin bowler. He has strong leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: sensational Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: competent

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Six trainees and not a single pop.

Also rolled in my first Div 4 OD. I don't think I'll win a game this season. Trying to buy a couple of really decent cricketers, but I'm never online at auction end and have been outbidded inside the final minute. Four times it has happened this week, frustrating. I'm going to end up overpaying for someone.

nibbs

International Captain
Maurice Simmonds - 19 yo, BT Rating=48,345, Wage=£9,881
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality
Fielding: proficient

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi guys I'm new and this is just my first season. About a week after I joined, I received £400k from the bot playing the previous season.

Just a quick question, are new players are only allowed to join at the start of a new season? And if so, this £400k isn't really a bonus is it?

Son Of Coco

Started off with 2 close losses in Div IV (around 20 runs in both), but I'm not sure I have the team to actually compete and stay up. Guess we'll see as the season progresses. Am probably a bowler or two short I think.

Noble One

Owen Verma - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,941, Wage=£2,619
A cautious RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Only pop for today. Verma has added very little to my team thus far, starting to get to the level that puts him into my best 3 or 4 batsman. Needs to step up, my team is copping some beatings this season.

Bobisback

International Regular
Zatiah France - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,196, Wage=£1,076
A defensive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He favours Fast-Medium Bowling but has no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Makes him almost worth the 2.5m I paid.

Nousel Illangakoon - 20 yo, BT Rating=82,554, Wage=£22,359
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: remarkable

Starting to look alright.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
4. Dean Daly - 22 yo, BT Rating=83,278, Wage=£29,819 shortcut
A defensive RH batsman and a defensive RFM bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and respectable experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: sensational Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre

8. Matty Tzaneen - 19 yo, BT Rating=15,339, Wage=£2,250 shortcut
A cautious LH batsman and a cautious LH finger spin bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, competent bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Noble One

Gregg Caulfield - 21 yo, BT Rating=42,737, Wage=£9,070
A steady RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: remarkable Concentration: quality
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: respectable

Alan Gerber - 20 yo, BT Rating=43,924, Wage=£8,973
An attacking LH batsman and an attacking LH wrist spin bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference but has a Killer Instinct trait.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality

Noble One

A player originally from my YA (Clarke Mitchley) has made the Zimbabwe U19 squad. He looked a pretty solid player when I sold him. These little moments make Battrick very enjoyable.

nibbs

International Captain
It's sunday. and I've got some insignificant pops that i need to share with the dwindling cwbt population

Craig Anton - 27 yo, BT Rating=117,253, Wage=£51,557
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has competent leadership skills and exquisite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: superb

Gregory Scholes - 25 yo, BT Rating=116,546, Wage=£46,869
A cautious LH batsman and a cautious LH wrist spin bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and remarkable experience. He has no preference and no trait.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: proficient
Bowling: sensational Consistency: miraculous

Sammy Pearson - 21 yo, BT Rating=70,362, Wage=£23,335
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: wonderful Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent

Son Of Coco

Lost to the team below me in OD...looks like I might be heading back down again this season unless I can grab a couple of wins at the back end of the season...it's an awkward spot to be in as Div V is way too easy.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I see you had a big win yesterday kurt! Nicely done, 2nd in Div 1. You are getting some incredible ratings too, do you GFI every game?

I had a few pops as well - no primaries, but very important ones:

Dilawar Salhan - 24 yo, BT Rating=148,069, Wage=£78,751
A steady RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: quality
Bowling: masterful Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: strong

Jack Allott - 23 yo, BT Rating=107,963, Wage=£41,459
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and proficient experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has feeble batting form, respectable bowling form and fair fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: quality Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: sensational Consistency: sensational
Fielding: strong

Farhan Jahanzeb - 21 yo, BT Rating=71,528, Wage=£30,903
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: exceptional
Batting: wonderful Concentration: quality
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

Allott and Salhan are going to dominate once their training finishes and they can maintain decent PFL. I'm going to get Salhan to exc bat/mir bowl and Allott to wond bat/mast bowl. Jahanzeb is a work in progress but with another couple of conc pops he is going to start showing his worth.

Currently #1 in my BT20 after three wins, I'm actually going to try and win it this season. FC is a write-off, I'm just hoping to stay up, but I really want to load up for a crack at winning my OD league. With a few players not far from finishing training and having good PFL, I wouldn't mind having a crack at Div 2.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Trainee up for sale -

Carlton Elmes - 18 yo, BT Rating=8,446, Wage=£1,054
A destructive LH batsman and a destructive LF bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has woeful batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable

Listed for nothing. :)