• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How long does it take to level up Stamina with 2 fitness nets again? I'm thinking 4?

Plays For: the willow wielders
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 6,534
Wages: £1,363 p/w
Processing ...
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre

Thoughts? Main problem being that with both stamina and conc/cons low, would take a bit longer for him to be of use....but seeing as it's a long-term thing aynway i guess it doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
6 weeks with one, 4 weeks with two. :)

Are the players I mentioned not better prospects? Or have they become unaffordable?

Last edited:

Johnners

Think most of them finished when I was going to be away/asleep etc, and I'm more looking for a 17y/o than 18/19. Thanks though :)

This guy is actually the one i'm probs most keen on. At least has a decent start with all but consistency. If i can give him 2 bowl, 1 field, 1 wk to start with (have another couple weeks left with one of my other bowlers, it should be ok)

For those who can remember (i can't) how long would it take cons to pop with those nets?

Garwood
the other option (probs better option, but i cbf getting up at 5 :p

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
clapo. i wouldn't worry too much about the concentration. it will catch up given time. grady allison started out a respectable/woeful bowler iirc. he is now wonderful/exceptional.

that 18yo with proficient bowling, and respectable looked okay to me. i'd have just given him 1 bat, 1 bowl, 1 stam and 1 fielding net. whilst progress is slow. it will pay off

Johnners

Ended up getting this Bloke. Paid 1.8m, which is probably a bit excessive, but anyway, he's what I want/need. I've got 5 nets for him for now, 2 bat, 2 bowl and 1 field. Will rotate a WK one in there for a season or 2 when one of the other nets free up just to accelerate his conc/const.

Barry Garwood (2674666) shortcut

Barry is a LH Batsman and LFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Opening Balance
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 6,933 (+684)
Wages: £1,043 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Would get him a stamina net before any other, young all-rounders need superb as quick as possible. Would give him one bowling net and make the other a stam net until it's superb.

Johnners

If I'm not playing him for this season, and probably won't until late next season, wouldn't I be better off with the 2 bowling nets now whilst he's 17, and giving him the stamina net (as opposed to the WK net) closer to the end of this season when the 6th net will come free?

What would be the benefit of giving him the stamina net now (genuine quesiton)?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm pretty sure players' stamina is trained at an equal rate, regardless of age. So I'm assuming Man Smitteh was presuming you'd want him playing soonish. :)

nibbs

International Captain
Ended up getting this Bloke. Paid 1.8m, which is probably a bit excessive, but anyway, he's what I want/need. I've got 5 nets for him for now, 2 bat, 2 bowl and 1 field. Will rotate a WK one in there for a season or 2 when one of the other nets free up just to accelerate his conc/const.

Barry Garwood (2674666) shortcut

Barry is a LH Batsman and LFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Opening Balance
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 6,933 (+684)
Wages: £1,043 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal
5 nets? I'd go with 2 bowl, 1 bat, 1 field 1 stam.

get that stamina through to superb, then opt for a 2nd batting net perhaps?

Number 11

State 12th Man
I am playing in Australia at OD level 5, FC lvl 8 and BT20 lvl 6, i am no good though.
My best bowler:

Shantha Buultjens - 19 yo, BT Rating=27,004
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with worthless leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong
Fielding: worthless

I need an allrounder too.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
I am playing in Australia at OD level 5, FC lvl 8 and BT20 lvl 6, i am no good though.
My best bowler:

Shantha Buultjens - 19 yo, BT Rating=27,004
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with worthless leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: strong
Fielding: worthless

I need an allrounder too.
He's not all that bad, I'm guessing you're a beginner yeah?

In other news won my bottom of the table clash today by 263 runs (H)