• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Have you tried the 'no purchases' challenge?

Build a side without buying anyone. It's pretty neat IMO.
Seems interesting enough but most of the fun in Battrick for me comes from playing the market. Getting better little by little through transactions is the only way to get to the top.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I've basically done it on my franchise though, funnily enough. I only bought one player (a comp bat 17yo) which I trained to exq-elite bat but only trained the rest in-house.

cnerd123

likes this
So I've got my team. I'm the Uve Warriors in Uve Province in Sri Lanka.

Apparently I have a BT20 match today. Should set orders.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Xaroducksauce Districts

Squad Details (18 Players)

Courtenay Basson - 21 yo, BT Rating=2,627, Wage=£327
A steady RH batsman and a defensive RFM bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: feeble Consistency: woeful
Fielding: competent

Eddy Baumforth - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,328, Wage=£689
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RH finger spin bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: proficient
Fielding: abysmal

Billie Benyon - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,104, Wage=£565
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RF bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Heath Dalziell - 30 yo, BT Rating=7,407, Wage=£566
A cautious RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Batting: woeful Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: woeful Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Lynden Duff - 22 yo, BT Rating=2,992, Wage=£333
A destructive RH batsman and a steady RH finger spin bowler. He has competent leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: feeble Concentration: woeful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

Rodge Flitney - 30 yo, BT Rating=6,644, Wage=£529
A steady RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He favours Dusty Pitches but has no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Duncan Foulkes - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,542, Wage=£422
A defensive RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal

Claye Foyle - 25 yo, BT Rating=1,751, Wage=£309
A defensive RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and feeble experience. He favours Slow Pitches but has no trait.

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

Jay Goldsack - 30 yo, BT Rating=3,673, Wage=£425
A cautious RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: worthless

Kevin Greo - 30 yo, BT Rating=3,896, Wage=£427
A defensive RH batsman and a defensive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful

Wally Halls - 30 yo, BT Rating=7,122, Wage=£571
A steady RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable

Ed Hansen - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,141, Wage=£430
A destructive RH batsman and a cautious RFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Bradd Hay - 25 yo, BT Rating=4,576, Wage=£419
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience. He favours Hard and Fast Pitches but has no trait.

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: respectable

Stephen Khanyisile - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,769, Wage=£498
An attacking RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Batting: abysmal Concentration: competent

Campbell Lambert - 24 yo, BT Rating=1,905, Wage=£292
A cautious RH batsman and a steady RH finger spin bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: feeble Consistency: woeful

Ricky Mensing - 24 yo, BT Rating=5,324, Wage=£851
A cautious LH batsman and an attacking LM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful

Austin Swayne - 26 yo, BT Rating=2,121, Wage=£291
A cautious LH batsman and an attacking LH finger spin bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He favours Cracked Pitches but has no trait.

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: woeful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: mediocre

Koby Waterworth - 30 yo, BT Rating=5,209, Wage=£468
A steady RH batsman and a defensive RM bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble

-------------------------------------------

Have gone with the following line-up

Baumforth (c)
Benyon (+)
Halls
Goldsack
Mensing (2)
Waterworth
Duff
Hansen (5)
Khanyisile (4)
Flitney (1)
Greo (3)

----------------

How much does it cost to hire trainers again? And should I be going all out and getting 10 straight away?

I figure Baumforth & Foulkes could be worth training to begin with.

cnerd123

likes this
I think it's best to get a few trainers. They cost a bit and there isn't enough cash in our accounts to afford 10 yet.

Gotta review my team and set some training later. Saving up my ITS to pull a couple of decent 17 YOs next season. Will just train up the kids I have now.

In a while I'll probably hit the TM and look to buy a few cheap Mediocre/Competent players. Fire off the useless ones. Build a young-ish squad of around 15-16 players to use in all formats and just let that run this season.