• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bashed by a novice

PY

International Coach
Played a small game of cricket yesterday with some friends including Neil. Lad whose never held a cricket bat before bashed Neil for 12 off 4 balls. Haven't laughed that much for ages. :lol: :lol: :lol: He finished with figures of 6-0-70ish-0. :D and then batted and got 26/8 off 6 overs. :lol: :saint: :lol: That's real talent :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
6-0-70-1

Paine st Mitchell b Pickup :P

And Lee hit me for 11 off 6 balls, not 12 off 4 :P

Still, it was pure tripe.

Excuse? It was too cold, and I couldn't grip the ball properly.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not just leg spinners who have a problem gripping the ball in cold or wet weather...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh many a bowler must have felt like that against me, during my sterling marathon 83 off 40 overs.. or 6 in one ball, or 42 in 30 balls, remeber form is temporary, class is permanent, and that is class...

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
It's not just leg spinners who have a problem gripping the ball in cold or wet weather...
I didn't guess he was a leg-spinner, because of the ball gripping problem.....heck that is an even bigger problem here in Oman where humidity plays a part and so does your sweat because of the emmense heat..... I guessed he was a leg-spinner because novice players usually are succesful in doing that against leg-spinners.....not offspinners or fast bowlers.......you should know that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Today: 5-0-39-1 and 3/47

Much better :)

Still far too many leg side free hits/full tosses/half volleys...

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Today: 5-0-39-1 and 3/47

Much better :)

Still far too many leg side free hits/full tosses/half volleys...
I think "all you can eat buffet" would be a better way of saying it though I only hit 8 off Neily on Tuesday. Wides only being 2 runs and no extra balls helped him a lot today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
I think "all you can eat buffet" would be a better way of saying it though I only hit 8 off Neily on Tuesday. Wides only being 2 runs and no extra balls helped him a lot today :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I would've had you stumped with a quality keeper, too :P

RE: Wides - can only hit what's in front of you :P

*Tries to forget the wide he chased 4 feet outside the matting and hit straight to cover point :P*

PY

International Coach
Thanks :D never been called funny before, we haven't played for a while as a group so no more interesting bowling figures for 6 weeks but as soon as there are, it is assured I will post........:lol: :saint:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Tom Halsey said:
Lol at this thread - I'm waiting for Pete and Neil to meet up again - could be funny.
So, have you two had any more epic battles since?