• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baseball V Cricket?

A Better Sport?

• Total voters

Aritro

International Regular
This is one I reckon they tried to fix. All was going well when they folded for 149 but then they accidentally had Australia 4/68. At this point Mohammad Zahid and Ijaz Ahmed combined for 16 no balls and nearly saw them through. In Ijaz Ahmed's case, it was 8 no balls bowling at about 120.

Sadly, Australia proved the more determined self-saboteurs and managed to be bundled out for 120.

1663826336355.png
1663826360723.png

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
They won............ therefore they lost?
Haha, yeah I just realised what I said. They won but they did seem to try very hard to lose. I just realised Zahid also went at 5.3 an over in a match that saw 269 runs off 86 overs.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ijaz has actually done well and to be fair, I think he was bowling after a long gap in that game. So the no-balls are understandable.

Aritro

International Regular
Ijaz has actually done well and to be fair, I think he was bowling after a long gap in that game. So the no-balls are understandable.
8 of them? Bowling at 120? While another guy also manages to bowl 8 no balls? And go for 53 runs in a match where batsmen otherwise seemingly couldn't hit it out of the square?

The only question that remains is whether the Australians were also independently executing a fix with a different, unrelated bookmaker without knowing that Pakistan were also trying to execute a fix. Two teams doing their best to outdo each other in throwing a game, completely oblivious to each others plans. There's a movie in that.

Chrish

International Debutant
Pakistan getting all out for 59 and 53 in the same game in UAE was the case where I suspected something shady might have happened behind the door. It’s inconceivable that something like that would happen even against McWarne..

Anyways, I don’t want to turn thin into “speculate match fixing” thread. So, I will stop with this comment.