• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

Stace

First Class Debutant
Yes, he spent the entire flight mischevously planning exactly how he was going to contort his facial expressions to convince pretty much everyone who watched that he felt **** about, oh I dunno, losing his livelihood and reputation for a year.

Again, are you a psychopath or
Haha he's lost his livelihood? He's not homeless now is he? Yeh he felt **** because he got caught but pretending to cry was embarrassing. Did you see 1 tear?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing is going to happen for years mate

I sat under a tree with my dog a few weeks ago watching an U/15 rep match

The behaviour was abysmal

Thinking I was alone, I basically said "would you shut the **** up!"

As it turns out, the coach of the fielding team was nearby and heard me say it.

Long story short, he told me in not so nice terms that that was how the game was played now.

I despair for the game's future if that's representative of what's going on everywhere and I'm told by a mate who coaches in England that's exactly the case
I agree. It's well past the point where any one thing like this is going to change the culture around cricket now. I don't understand why people feel to play the way they do, but I seem to be in a slim minority on that one.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha he's lost his livelihood? He's not homeless now is he? Yeh he felt **** because he got caught but pretending to cry was embarrassing. Did you see 1 tear?
Yeah, we shouldn't feel sorry for him until he's swinging in the breeze, obviously.

He might have cheated the game, but you've failed basic human decency, so at least he has that going for him.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ashwin's woke as usual and gives a scrambled brain response that's all over the place and a bit weird:

"If the technology hadn't gone so far, we might not be talking about it here," Ashwin told NDTV.

"These things happen in the heat of the moment. It's very difficult sitting at a distance and commenting on what might have unfolded and what might have happened in the dressing rooms. It can happen and not trying to stand for it but the fact is entirely tech-driven and we have to be careful especially when you are in the public eye and you have the responsibility to carry out yourself in the utmost dignified manner. That is one of the disadvantages of the technology growing so much. But, I would say it is literally dictating play so much in terms of cricket and life," he added.
https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/bal...chnology-for-australias-latest-crisis-1828924

Gnske

He has a point guys, I didn't see tears either.

Starfighter

I'd use some words, but they'd get me banned.

Ashwin's woke as usual and gives a scrambled brain response that's all over the place and a bit weird:
Wha? He really is a special one isn't he?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always good to hear the thoughts of "I might as well wear long sleeves and chuck since everyone else seems to be doing it" Ashwin.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Always good to hear the thoughts of "I might as well wear long sleeves and chuck since everyone else seems to be doing it" Ashwin.
DId it once to prove a point and never did it again. Can't fault him for trying to make a point.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Yeah, we shouldn't feel sorry for him until he's swinging in the breeze, obviously.

He might have cheated the game, but you've failed basic human decency, so at least he has that going for him.
He has decency? Cheating is decency in your eyes then? Again, how many tears did you see?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ashwin always tries to show how intelligent he is but he is a moron. Pandya revels in being a hardcore dolt:

India all-rounder Hardik Pandya also refused to comment on the issue. " I don't know. I'm not a guy who keeps on checking all this. I didn't even know about it", he said.

Spark

Global Moderator
He has decency? Cheating is decency in your eyes then? Again, how many tears did you see?
I'd endorse someone cheating on a cricket field any time before I lose my capacity for the most trivial empathy like you clearly have.

Jesus, what kind of deranged mind forensically examines a press conference to count tears.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Burgey is going to love this:

Tendulkar: "Cricket has been known as a gentleman's game. It's a game that I believe should be played in the purest form. Whatever has happened is unfortunate but the right decision has been taken to uphold the integrity of the game. Winning is important but the way you win is more important"
The International Cricket Council said Thursday (March 29) a panel of the sport’s greats would help devise stricter punishments for players caught cheating as the game reels from the Australian ball-tampering scandal.

The panel could include the likes of Allan Border and Anil Kumble, the Indian daily said.