• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

aussie tragic

International Captain
Taking the leap with only #5 open (Head at this stage)

1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Wade/Head/Maddinson
6. Green
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

aussie tragic

International Captain
Pucovski shouldn’t be anywhere near the Test side. For a good while
Why not? All of you mental health experts need to take a break. He has said he has worked really hard on his health this year and stated that he is ready for Test cricket should the selectors call. That's enough for me to want to see a 'once in a generation batsman' play for Australia

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Pucovski is still way to weak against the short ball to succeed as an opener long term but willing to try it, think he's ready. If he's not there mentally heyll say so.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know him but have heard directly from guys in the Vic set up that are skeptical he'll ever "get his head right". It's enough for me to have doubts.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I don't know him but have heard directly from guys in the Vic set up that are skeptical he'll ever "get his head right". It's enough for me to have doubts.
“guys in the Vic set up”

sounds like “palace insiders” or “palace sources” in Women’s Weekly.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
players? administrators? the dude who cleans the dunnies at Junction Oval?

Gob

International Coach
What's Estraya A now assuming the team from the last test to be the national side?I mean Haze wasn't in it due to being injured but

Harris
Pucovski
Patterson
Shaun Marsh (young talent)
Maddinson
Green
Carey
Abbott
Pattinson
Nesser
Swepson

??

aussie tragic

International Captain
Bring in Josh Inglis for Carey who'll be playing T20's during the first A game (assume they'll release Green from T20 bench)

Also Khawaja or Renshaw on standby for the young Marsh, depending on how they keep batting vs NSW today ;)

the big bambino

International Captain
Head and Wade have done enough to hold their spots, which were almost locked in anyway. Pucovski now putting pressure on Burns.