• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clearly too many alphas. If it helps the forum atmosphere I will adopt the role of the beta for a short time, but it will not be easy.

Spikey

Scorecards, match reports, highlights and articles can give you an adequate picture.
I would argue it shouldn't as there's more to selection theory than just poorly consturcted highlight videos and scorecards, but in reality it seems the selectors basically just do this as well, and not take advantage of the resources that should be at their disposal.

Probably the only extra thing the actual selectors do is speak to their old team mate turned coach of (x) player about what (x) player is like

TheJediBrah

Probably the only extra thing the actual selectors do is speak to their old team mate turned coach of (x) player about what (x) player is like
Do you reckon the coach of x player ever says "nah he's a **** don't pick him, also he smells bad"

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Click on name under avatar -> click the button that says 'Ignore'.

It's really simple.
The ignore button is completely bloody useless imo, it certainly didn't help when miyagi was around

On the topic of selection however, I can't agree with those who are calling for Swepson, either over Lyon or as well as. While he is certainly an improved bowler from where he was 18-24 months ago, he still has that typical leggies tendency to have the odd terrible day, the warm up game earlier on being a good example thereof

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Trust me, the XenForo ignore button is way better than the piece of crap on the old board.
Yeah it actually removes the posts from the screen entirely so you're not tempted to press "show post", and even puts them behind a click when they're quoted in other people's posts.

Also worth considering it might not have worked with Miyagi because everyone was fighting with him, so discussions surrounding him dominating threads anyway. If it's a member only you really have an issue with it's more likely to be effective IMO.