• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2018/19

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless there's something I'm missing (which is very likely) I don't see any good reason for his return either.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Admittedly though there was a point in his career where he was the go-to quick in the Aussie team. If that kind of stuff went to his head after a while then I guess I can see why reading about this kinda stuff would be grating.
Yeah he was, but that's the point, he's never realised that he's became a lot worse.

Spikey

Admittedly though there was a point in his career where he was the go-to quick in the Aussie team. If that kind of stuff went to his head after a while then I guess I can see why reading about this kinda stuff would be grating.
Only when others were injured (ie ryan harris)

vcs

NUFAN should be pleased about this development. I'd thought he'd retired or something.

"Just doing what I do, lead by example, help out the young guys and help out the group. It's stuff I normally do, but you just want to get the right things done."
Fascinating insight.

Burgey

Australia effectively gets two player with Siddle and his heart on the field at the same time.

Burgey

What's the difference between having heart and being nuggety?
Nuggety has more to do with physical stature. Boonie was nuggety - short and stocky. having a big ticker isn't depndent on physical stature, however, in this case Siddle's left ventricle is actually nuggety in and of itself.

TheJediBrah

Nuggety has more to do with physical stature. Boonie was nuggety - short and stocky. having a big ticker isn't depndent on physical stature, however, in this case Siddle's left ventricle is actually nuggety in and of itself.
Important to note the distinction between this and Rakheem Cornwall, who's coronary arteries are full of chicken nuggets

Burgey

If he’s any good at all then I wouldn’t be putting Burgeinho in his class. Kid has a lot of work to do.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NUFAN should be pleased about this development. I'd thought he'd retired or something.

Fascinating insight.
I should be pleased by what development. That you thought Siddle had retired and he hasnt?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Finch should play, and should be VC imo. There are no other options.

Who's the most inexperienced skipper ever named (in terms of tests played)? Cos at the moment Matt Renshaw is probably only two injuries away from being Australia's test captain, having only played 11 tests.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Finch should play, and should be VC imo. There are no other options.

Who's the most inexperienced skipper ever named (in terms of tests played)? Cos at the moment Matt Renshaw is probably only two injuries away from being Australia's test captain, having only played 11 tests.
Dave Gregory is for Australia.

vcs

I should be pleased by what development. That you thought Siddle had retired and he hasnt?
Him being picked (I'm assuming it was a surprise, I haven't followed recent developments in Australian FC cricket)

TheJediBrah

And yet he's a better batsman than anyone on the forum barring Martin Crowe, JBMAC & probably Burginho.
I wasn't suggesting otherwise. I'm actually a strong believer that there is a positive linear relationship between chicken nugget consumption and batting ability.