• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Spinners!

Who should Australia pick to replace Stuart MacGill for the Sydney test?

• Brad Hogg

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Cameron White

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Nathan Hauritz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xavier Doherty

• Beu Casson

• Simon Katich

• Brad Young

• no spinner

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Er, Hogg's already been picked...

And why young?
Because there's so many brilliant young leg spinners in England, so Chris wants it to be proven by picking a young Australian to play possibly the worst Test side at the moment in moderately helpful conditions to prove that young English ones should get a chance in seaming conditions!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I Cant see why Katich would bat @ 4. Martyn usually bats there, lehmann @ 6, so i think katich would bat there.

also, it was pretty obvious that his bowling got him over the line, it terms of straight batting Love, Clarke and Hussey i would think would all be above him.

it is kinda funny though Marc, how we have the best 2 leg sinners in the world. so we are playing a bowling all rounder, but really even our Batsmen, who bowl abit of spin, like Katich and Lehmann are better than any english spinners:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kenny

U19 Debutant
I voted for Cameron White because I think Australia needs to look to the future........he can only improve further by being selected - and let's face it, Zimbabwe without the Flower brothers aren't going to do much damage to him..........I do support the selection of Hogg though, he's been very good in one dayers for us, and probably deserves more chances at test level.

I would go Williams for Gillespie, can't understand Bracken's selection............Hogg for MacGill (he must be spewing)........and Katich for Lehmann - I don't like either player, but dislike Katich less!! :lol:

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
MacGill's injured.

Yeah I know that Neil!!!!!!
I just meant that after being bridesmaid to Warne for so many years, he finally gets a clear year in the test side...........and then gets an injury.
Ironic. He must be spewing.