• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian openers

In which Australian ATG team does Warner fit?

• 1st xi

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 2nd xi

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 3rd xi

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 4th xi

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 5th xi

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • lower

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
My biggest issue with Hayden was that he never seemed to succeed against really good quicks. He was great against spin and mediocre pace attacks, but when he'd go missing against good pace. His dismissals in the 2005 Ashes annoyed me so much.

Legit thought Langer was a better opener than him, by a fair margin, in the end

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I think they were such a good pairing because they offered such differences. Longer, while he could play an aggressive innings, was a more traditional game with more quicks singles. Hayden intimidated and “bullied” opening quicks.
Why can’t we have both?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My biggest issue with Hayden was that he never seemed to succeed against really good quicks. He was great against spin and mediocre pace attacks, but when he'd go missing against good pace. His dismissals in the 2005 Ashes annoyed me so much.

Legit thought Langer was a better opener than him, by a fair margin, in the end
It's funny that it's that series that you bring up. Langer didn't do that much more than Hayden in that series and Hayden was coming off around 14 months without a century leading into that series.

What was frustrating about that series was that he was consistently getting to 30 odd and then getting out.