• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

pup11

International Coach
Pretty sure its not going to happen but if Ferguson wants to revive his international career then he needs to move states, South Australia if you have a look at it just play in the Shield competition to make up the numbers and its pretty hard for an aspiring Australian player to make his presence felt while playing in such a side.

Also Tassie should look to sign a few decent batsmen for the next season because if Cowan, Bailey and Ponting are all away on national duty then their batting could get pretty brutally exposed.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if Ferguson wants to revive his international career he should stop being so ****

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Ferguson playing home matches on a green wicket (i.e every wicket in this country but Adelaide). Not a great career move.

Spikey

it could be argued moving to a state where he actually has to earn his FC spot is a bad career move too

pup11

International Coach
if Ferguson wants to revive his international career he should stop being so ****
As I said the fact that he plays for a **** side doesn't help his case, if you have a look at that South Australian middle order than it becomes pretty clear that apart from Cooper there isn't a single bloke who would even stick out there at the crease for any reasonable amount of time, so even if Ferguson were to be in great form the chances of him running out partners remains pretty high.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How about Christian? He is still with SA.

SA are a good limited overs team and Ferguson plays a large part of it. When you look at the current Australian ODI team, you have to think that Ferguson deserves to be there more so than Warner, Forrest and Bailey.

I have completely given up on Ferguson ever playing for Australia in Test Cricket and I think that's probably a good thing for cricket in this country.

benchmark00

wtf, when has Ferguson ever had the problem of running out of partners? If he was making alot of 60 not outs maybe it would be an issue. Ridiculous.

brockley

International Captain
I doubt Fergurson will move,an average of 30 this year which state would want him.
I agree on Tassie they need some more batsmen,the experiment of Faulkner at 6 is a failure,averaged 24 this year.

brockley

International Captain
Do you guys think George Bailey and Tim Paine will score Aussie contracts,if so Tassie won't have to sign many players this time.

Spikey

Tim Paine shouldn't. Bailey might. Cowan replaces Paine, Bailey if he gets one replaces Krejza. Doherty, Hilf, Ponting stay. 5 Tassie players remain on CA contracts

brockley

International Captain
Then if they lose Trifitt to WA,who do they have to contract,not many.
BTW i heard on the grapevine Trifitt contacted WA before Ronchi jumped about a spot.

brockley

International Captain
I think Haddin wil miss out on a contract with Paine getting his.
That would leave Cazulino, Doolan, Cossie, Wells, Faulkner, Butterworth, Kregja, Maher, Bird and Laughlin with contracts.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Paine being chased by SA to captain. May well play as a pure batsman, finger is completely mashed, may never keep again.

There are some (hopefully untrue for Camberwell) rumours that Andrew Fekete might wind up in Tasmania. How many quicks do they need? :dry:

Victoria still looking at other keepers, not convinced with Carters.

Spikey

Paine being chased by SA to captain. May well play as a pure batsman, finger is completely mashed, may never keep again.
Is this actually 'in the know' talk? Cause once Berry said that every two bit hack has been repeating it (actually I think R. Hogg is the only one to repeat but whatever. I guess Berry chasing Paine after making that comment is a tad ITSTL too)

There are some (hopefully untrue for Camberwell) rumours that Andrew Fekete might wind up in Tasmania. How many quicks do they need? :dry: .

I just don't see Paine getting one if it's closer to 15 than 25 contracts. It's been so long since he's had a good run of games and we don't even know how the finger is...

brockley

International Captain
South Australia are clutching at straws,next they will bring Nathan Adcock back :laugh:.
Will really be hard for NSW to cut a squad back to 14, who goes.
Haddin, Khawajah ,Hughes and Bollinger to lose contracts.
Maybe we will have to let Maddison go,or give him a rookie contract.:unsure:

brockley

International Captain
Fekete will be a good addition for tasmania,and if Faulkner/Butterworth/Bird or Hilfenhaus get called up they have cover.
Impressed what i saw of him in the Ryobi Cup,he has been a round for a while too.