• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off Season 2017

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gosh I wonder what he said. Must have been highly offensive. Guy clearly needs to not drink.
may not have been tbh. Could just have been a slightly politically incorrect statement (or 2) at someone's expense.

Knowing SOK though it probably was something pretty messed up. He's got a problem.

Dydl

International Debutant
Apparently his comments were to/about a female cricketer. Link. Hope he gets the help he needs, not a good pattern being developed here.

TheJediBrah

Tell me more JB. My daughter loves SOK maybe I will have to steer her away from this nefarious character.
Nah he's a top bloke. Women cricketers are getting too big for their britches these days. Takes a hero like SOK to put them back in their place.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently his comments were to/about a female cricketer. Link. Hope he gets the help he needs, not a good pattern being developed here.
Literally the first thing I guessed he said when I saw the article was something like this.

How ironic, the women's game can clear just any boundary that's 20m inside the actual rope but can't clear ***ism. 2017 is an awful year.

burr

State Vice-Captain
***ist **** in other words.Glad they came down hard on him. No sympathy here.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Interesting. Maybe sheds a bit of light on why he hasn't been selected when others have in the past. Too much of a loose canon? Just speculating here.

Anyone else find this a bit weird:

He has privately conceded he is unlikely to feature on an overseas tour again — an admission which is backed up by his age of 32 and the fact Australia’s major tour next year is to South Africa, where a pace battalion will be selected rather than the spin squad which went to India.
Steve O?Keefe?s drunken rant: Test star cops fine and suspension | FOX SPORTS

I mean, the guy's 32, but I can't see any reason why a spinner like him couldn't play til he's 40. Economical action and not too much strain. Guy clearly has a death wish with his behaviour, which is a shame because he has been a standout FC performer.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Hard to say but maybe he is basing that thinking on his treatment so far or specific comments by Boof or a selector.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Vastly lowers my opinion of O'Keefe, but I also know people make mistakes and so I hope he sorts this problem out and comes back stronger. Thin ice though

brockley

International Captain
The under 19 stopped by rain, Australia 6/309 Merlo and Edwards tons,Jock Edwards is 16,Sri Lanka 3/65 Zav Evans 2 wkts.

Spikey

he was in a rich vein of T20 form 2-3 years ago and then the Surrey thing happened

oh and he's signed with Surrey for this season....