• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off Season 2017

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
With Xavier Doherty's retirement, who's the spinner Tasmania might be signing up?
It might actually be a club cricketer who has been plying his trade in the Hobart club cricket comp for a couple of years now and his name is Luke Doran.
Familiar name? He's the older brother of Jake and played some one-day and BBL cricket for NSW.
Also after a brilliant debut and now approaching his mid 20s, Gabe Bell looks likely to be offered a full contract on the Tigers' senior list.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Clive Rose had an impressive year,probably him Tassie loathe to pick Luke Doran in 2nds.
Rose returned to Victoria after being axed, whereas L. Doran has plied his time in the local club cricket comp for a couple of years and is also employed by Cricket Tasmania off the field; but it's likely to be one or the other, with a very slim possibility of both being added.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He hasn't played a FC or List A match in nearly three years himself. Nor am I sure where he stands as far as playing in the longer formats.
He wanted to keep playing but had no takers at the time. I thought he might get picked up after he qualified as a local player, but that didn't happen either. I'm not sure if he's still keen but he didn't really make a deliberate decision to give up the longer forms, so he'd be well worth a phone call at the very least IMO.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Picking a squad for Tasmania is going to be awfully hard.
They could buy Ben Rohrer for a few seasons.
It will be out of Silk, Hancock, Michael, Fekete, Rainbird and Kingston, with Doherty one vacancy due to his retirement.
Haven't heard anything remotely linking Rohrer to the Tigers.
Michael would appear to be the safest due to his Matador Cup One-Day record and form.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Botha would be a brilliant fit for Tassie. Basically a side in the same place the Redbacks were when he signed up for them.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah, yes. Naturally, I can't pay you much of a reward, because I'm strapped for cash.

Ooh! Uh! As you can see, this old place is falling apart. But I'm sure we can come to an understanding.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
"The only real difference for players is that we are proposing modified sharing of revenue above the level required to fund player payments."
Required being the operative word.