• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marnus copying TPC like that is one of the most cringe things I’ve seen in Aus cricket. Completely confected. Up there with the 2001 Ashes team wearing slouch hats while visiting Gallipoli on their way to England.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not seen all of today's play but honestly don't think NSW have bowled that badly, apart from Copeland who hasn't been his usual consistent self. Pitch had a little bit in it earlier on day one, now it just seems like a slowish road

Queensland, especially Neser and Wildermuth, did bowl damn well yesterday though

tony p

First Class Debutant
I think Marnus has decided that he might like to get 300, just before he nips off to Wales and starts all over again with Glamorgan.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This has been a breathtaking innings from Marnus, best 100 he's ever made imo. Against an above average international tier attack he's got to 160 without really giving a chance.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Starc really must be feeling under the pump for his test spot. His only wicket was a strangle down leg and his performances this shield season have largely been woeful.

Gnske

This QLD side should just be the Australian one. Stacked with winners unlike their southern degenerate counterparts.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
**** shot from Marnus to get out but doesn't takeaway from how great he's been, noene else from either team has passed 50 and he's made 192 in a final against basically the test attack. WAG

Gob

International Coach
Starc really must be feeling under the pump for his test spot. His only wicket was a strangle down leg and his performances this shield season have largely been woeful.
Surely Neser should play the Gabba test and should have played the last one there

stephen

Great win by Queensland. Bowling contributions by every one of the 5 man attack and a brilliant innings by Labuschagne.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I've ranted alot about Marnus on here, but I still don't get how a player can go from being a bog standard Shield bat averaging low 30's to a world beater at test level like he's become in the past 2 years. 14 fc tons in 2 years is inaane, and his average has gone from 32 to 46.5. How does a player increase in quality so much so suddenly?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I've ranted alot about Marnus on here, but I still don't get how a player can go from being a bog standard Shield bat averaging low 30's to a world beater at test level like he's become in the past 2 years. 14 fc tons in 2 years is inaane, and his average has gone from 32 to 46.5. How does a player increase in quality so much so suddenly?
The idea that Marnus suddenly and sharply went from barely Shield standard to world class is a complete myth. He was second on the runs list the season before his first call up in the UAE, but that seems to be always forgotten.

He made a couple of technical tweaks upon getting to Glamorgan after cousulting with (I think?) Matt Maynard, but there was always talent there to see if you were looking hard enough

morgieb

The idea that Marnus suddenly and sharply went from barely Shield standard to world class is a complete myth. He was second on the runs list the season before his first call up in the UAE, but that seems to be always forgotten.

He made a couple of technical tweaks upon getting to Glamorgan after cousulting with (I think?) Matt Maynard, but there was always talent there to see if you were looking hard enough
Still only averaged like 40 that season. He was clearly Shield standard but going from that to where he is now is still ridiculous.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Still only averaged like 40 that season. He was clearly Shield standard but going from that to where he is now is still ridiculous.
True, but I still believe that season is pretty damn underrated. Was generally a good summer for the bowlers, especially so at home in Queensland for him

Burgey

Good knock from Labushagne, and no doubt it helped Qld to have their only test batsman allowed to play instead of taking the IPL blood money like NSW's chose to.

NSW, as I mentioned yesterday, an absolute disgrace to their people, save for Sabba who was good as we've now come to expect. Starc must be well and truly under the pump now. He's been basically garbage all domestic summer and hardly bowled great in the test series either. Nevertheless, the batting was the problem really. If I was the selectors I'd look more to youth and select a couple of under 15s rep players for next year. #Pathways.