• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
All else being equal, Shane Watson still is probably in the best 6 T20 batsmen in the country, right?
Interesting question. He'd be among the first six Australian batsmen I'd pick to play in a domestic league even assuming literally everyone would be available for the whole thing, but I was starting to get the impression in his last couple of BBL seasons that he was a bit past it against international standard bowling in a way that someone like Lynn who'd be hovering around that in that area isn't. He also had a mare in his last JAM T20 franchise series.

I think we might finally be at the point where this isn't really true anymore, at least in the context of a World T20 lineup to play against proper international bowlers.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a chance Watson is in the top 6 imo

I thought Gibson might sneak in before Sangha tbh

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He'd be in the Top 10, half of our best batsman are pace-on hacks anyway.

Bring back Shri.

Gnske

Front pads don't matter when you slaughter billions to make millions.

I'd still have a rusty Watson over an in-form Lynn any day.

Bring back Shri.

stephen

Sibley is having a monstrous tour so far.

Pathetic batting from the Aus A side. Only score of note so far is 30 from Khawaja.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Jeez for somoene whos only 20 and was picked as a bowler originally Cameron Green is really well organised at the crease.

Gnske

You know, if Boland and Tremain weren't bowling for Vics they'd have a winning total at 300.

#FREESHRI #PEWSDOESN'TCAREABOUTBLACKPEOPLE