• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah ok cool. I forgot about Jakey Doran who of course will be there but really needs runs.

Never heard of Lawrence Neil-Smith.
Neil-Smith is young, played a bit for Aus U19s about a year back, originally a country NSW product iirc. A pacer who can bat a bit apparently, having not seen him myself though I can't really add much more

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sangha seems (rightfully) a fair way down the pecking order in NSW now. He’s skippering Randy-Petes so it isn’t as though he’s injured. Haven’t heard whether there might be some ego issues there which they’re trying to teach him, but shall sniff around and see why he might have slipped a bit.

TheJediBrah

Obviously doesn't have much faith in Bertus if he thinks he needs to spread vicious rumours about his competition

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did it to poor Baxter Holt last season, ****s on Jack Edwards more than is tasteful when it comes to ****ting on surfers.

Unseemly behaviour from the old hound.

Burgey

I can’t work out why he’d have got a rails run last year as a foetus only to not get a look in first up this year. Weird.

So good to see Holt get a globe today. Happy times.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Adelaide grade round up:

Jake Lehmann 188* against a pretty handy Uni attack, next best score in the team was Michael Cranmer with 32 just to put it into context

Tom Andrews had an excellent day out all around, 5 for 22 with the ball and then 74 with the stick

Henry Hunt makes a strong start to his South Australian career with an unbeaten 79 against the Carl Hooper coached Southern Districts team. Dalton also made 73, and Lloyd Pope picked up three earlier in the day

Head made 56, Gullies get a win. Can see them having a real struggle this year, lost Oakley to West Torrens, Patty Page to Adelaide and the Evans brothers to retirement, and from what I have heard Hutchy is unlikely to feature much either.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adelaide grade round up:

Jake Lehmann 188* against a pretty handy Uni attack, next best score in the team was Michael Cranmer with 32 just to put it into context
I bet 180 of which were made cutting every delivery through backward point

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I bet 180 of which were made cutting every delivery through backward point
Sure loves a cut does Joof, apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

On another note, former Australian women's leggie Amanda Wellington took 3 for 9...

In mens 2nd grade.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I used to love watching Wellington. I rate her ability to turn the ball and she seems ideally suited to red ball cricket. Seems as though Wareham has moved ahead.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I used to love watching Wellington. I rate her ability to turn the ball and she seems ideally suited to red ball cricket. Seems as though Wareham has moved ahead.
Having seen a bit of her work at close quarters, I am definitely a Wellington fan. She's definitely more of your traditional legspinner, flight and turn, where as Wareham is flatter and more stump to stump. With a big domestic season she can definitely come back into contention internationally. Genuinely better than a few spinners in 1sts imo although that also says something about the quality of spin stocks here

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW squad:

PM Nevill
SPD Smith
MA Starc
DA Warner
SA Abbott
NL Bertus
HNA Conway
TA Copeland
LC Hatcher
MC Henriques
DP Hughes
NCR Larkin

KPat still seemingly injured, Bertmentum gets the opportunity in his place. Although knowing NSW they will probably bench him to play five bowlers. No spinner is an interesting call

morgieb

So I'm guessing:

Warner
Hughes
Larkin
Smith
Henriques
Nevill
Bertus
Starc
Copeland
Abbott
Conway

Can see them picking Hatcher instead of Bertus given that balance though. Glad that they didn't pick Edwards straight away.

morgieb

When do Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyon get cleared to play? I'd have played at least Hazlewood ITBT.

EDIT: This article suggests that Lyon's back next Shield round, Haze and Cummins the one after. Not sure Hazlewood's workload was that big he needed a really long rest, though I grant that he needed at least some.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Cummins and Hazlewood I think are pencilled in for the next 50 over game on the 23rd. I certainly wouldn't consider playing one but not the other.

Lyon, I haven't got a clue on, depends on fitness I guess.

Burgey

Regardless of it being Bert getting the nod, it is good to see the NSW selectors rewarding consistent first grade run scoring. He’s made a thousand plus the last two years. Hoping TPC bats three and Bert plays ahead of Larkin tbh

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bertus looks wrong at 7 (looking at Morgs XI).

3 Smith 4 Henriques 5 Bertus 6 Nevill seems aite to me.

morgieb

Bertus looks wrong at 7 (looking at Morgs XI).

3 Smith 4 Henriques 5 Bertus 6 Nevill seems aite to me.
Agree on principle, but he's probably still a worse batsman than Moises or Nevill as things stand so.....