• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Certainly he was fairly disappointing for most of the home summer, that is true, but proposing to drop him entirely is still wayyyyyyy over the top.
He's not saying rip up his contract. But I think saying Starc is no longer worthy of our starting XI is not some crazy take.

Won't happen but I think Pattinson-Cummins-Haze is the better attack

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He's not saying rip up his contract. But I think saying Starc is no longer worthy of our starting XI is not some crazy take.

Won't happen but I think Pattinson-Cummins-Haze is the better attack
I dont think it is crazy at all, I can see the logic behind your opinion, but TJB went further by saying he shouldn't even be anywhere near the squad. That is a dumb statement and deserves to be called out as such

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who'd have thought Patto would run through this middle order, after doing precisely the same thing two weeks ago?

vcs

Starc needs to play or England will keep trolling you from 5-80 to 350.

Drop Hazlewood, it's long overdue.

TheJediBrah

Siddle's going to England tbh. Copeland should too. So much seam bowling talent.

Both would be far better in the Ashes than Starc

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
As for Siddle, England is the one place where I would consider him. Especially if he tears ****e up for Essex like he did last season

mr_mister

Siddle better not go.

We've been waiting for a fit firing Patto for ages. Such a waste if he's not played considering his batting should break any deadlock between him and the other fringe bowlers

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nevill has been the most consistent keeper-batsman at state level over the past five years. However, with Paine being captain the best Nevill can hope for is number two keeper in the main squad. Wade's problem is that he isn't keeping but his batting has impressed me. I suspect Carey will be chosen as the second keeper for the main squad and if so Nevill and Wade should be selected for the A Team.

Labuschagne only averages 32 in first class cricket. I don't think his performances to date warrant selection.

I was in two minds about Mitchell Marsh but what are the other all-round options? Stoinis? Henriques?

I thought about Bird, Doolan, Henriques and Siddle but concluded 32/33/34 year olds should not be playing A team cricket. Siddle is playing for Essex.

D'Arcy Short is only averaging 25 in first class cricket and so talk of international selection in the longer format of the game is quite ridiculous. Ashton Turner needs to prove himself in state cricket first as 3 100s in 39 games suggests he still has some way to go before achieving this.

I would not be unhappy with Riley Meredith being selected instead of Steketee,
I think we have different philosophies about the purpose of having the A squad. Seems like you want to reward the guys who had successful seasons and are young, while I think picking tried and true performers will be of benefit as they will be able to join the top squad with no issues.

Can u imagine Steketee doing this? Meredith at least has some pace and bounce, so hed offer something.

Short statisically doesnt deserve it, but again I feel like the Aussie setup would rather give him a look than say Nick Larkin, especially again when we have like 5 openers who could do a job in Tests.

Its an upside play.

stephen

My pecking order for England:

Cummins
Pattinson
Starc
Richardson
Hazlewood
Bird
Siddle

But who knows what the selectors are thinking.

morgieb

As for Siddle, England is the one place where I would consider him. Especially if he tears ****e up for Essex like he did last season
Yeah had Patto not dominated the last three rounds I'd have probably picked Siddle as the 5th quick.

It'd be tempting to drop Hazlewood for the Ashes but I don't think the selectors have the balls for it. Hell I'm not even sure if I have the balls for it.

TheJediBrah

Anyway smart play for the Vics would be to just bat it out for a draw right? No way for them to lose from here unless NSW win the game outright