• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He also topped the grade averages last year, has done well in futures but just can't seem to do anything in shield...when do you make the call that he can't step up?
it's been discussed at length in here. it would be very unusual for NSW to make this call during the early season unless they're trying to put an international player back into the team - which they won't be anytime soon

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With all the talk about NSW grade cricket and Steve Smith and Dave Warner, it's Joe Burns that's tearing up grade right now. 506 runs in 5 matches at an average of 253. And Matt Renshaw has 266 runs at 133.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The people of NSW demand Bertus in the Shield team.

I have spoken with approximately 88 NSW voting-age citizens in the past fortnight, everyone of whom demands the inclusion of Bertus in the side.

Give the people what they want! Give them #Bertmentum now!

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
With all the talk about NSW grade cricket and Steve Smith and Dave Warner, it's Joe Burns that's tearing up grade right now. 506 runs in 5 matches at an average of 253. And Matt Renshaw has 266 runs at 133.
Just had a look at that, Burns tearing grade attacks to shreds by the looks of things. Alister McDermott also having a good season too

Gnske

I think my last ever memory of Alister McDermott was when he got absolutely spanked by Quiney, Finch and Rogers on one of those juicy Ryobi Gabba decks.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just had a look at that, Burns tearing grade attacks to shreds by the looks of things. Alister McDermott also having a good season too
McDermott even jagged a couples of Futures game last month, which shows he isn't completely off the radar in terms of a potential glorious return. He didn't do very well in them though unfortunately.

stephen

Renshaw's ton came against Valleys who have Feldman and Wildermuth in their attack, which is about as strong as a grade attack gets.

stephen

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cri...h-africa-australia-2018-a-22.html#post4113464

Now that Smith and Wade are no longer in the team the baton has been passed to Finch to do some Maxwell bashing.

They didn't have to say anything at all about Maxwell batting at 7. Or if they did, they could have simply said "we moved him down the order because we think he's more valuable to the team finishing". Instead, they say he's not good enough to bat top 6 for Australia.

It's astonishing really.

stephen

That'll give a real opportunity for Renshaw and Burns to push their case, just like Bancroft did.

howardj

International Coach
My Manuka moles are whispering to me that the all-star attack of Cummins, Starc, Haze and Lyon are all set to play against Qld on Friday

Great chance, if that's the case, for Renshaw, Burns, and Marcus L to push their claims for the Adelaide Test

Just on this point, with Howard gone, I sense a real sea-change in that if you're available for domestic games...you will play