• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NSW is so the England of the Sheffield Shield. Can't bat for **** so they keep dropping bowlers. ****ing idiots.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NSW has a very long history of picking and sticking. It's insanely annoying when they pick the wrong guy, but Larkin is following in the foot steps of Scott Henry, David Dawson and Jason Krejza and god knows who else I've buried in my memory. Bert's only getting a game if a batsman hurts themselves

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW has a very long history of picking and sticking. It's insanely annoying when they pick the wrong guy, but Larkin is following in the foot steps of Scott Henry, David Dawson and Jason Krejza and god knows who else I've buried in my memory. Bert's only getting a game if a batsman hurts themselves
When it comes to pleb NSW players, surely Daniel Smith and Scott Coyte should be at the absolute top of the list.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has Forrest retired from FC cricket? Because it'd be a real hoot if NSW called him up to really change things.

Burgey

Scott Coyte last seen playing in the park with his mates. Wasn’t even in the Campbelltown grade set up last year

Spikey

he got a longer stint than he should have. dude got beaten for pace by ben cutting

the point is what we got now ain't nothing. coyte was getting games while jackson bird was in grade. it's nice that NSW give these guys a chance but they extend the faith too far in some cases and it's almost a seasonally occurrence.

the funny thing about Burgey's recent postings on the PONI subject is that for the last two or three seasons NSW have been positively anti-Greg Chappell in our selections; if the boy Will Sommerville makes good in NZ, which he could since he was great for us, we could end up having picked two spinners who have gone on to play for two countries in the last 3 seasons while producing no young batting talent of note, but we did recruit ed cowan for some reason.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tim Cruickshank got a season, didn't he?
Larkin has already played three times as many games as Cruickshank, for a lower average.

I actually like Larkin but his position has definitely become untenable now. I'd have actually liked to see him dropped a bit earlier to give him a chance at some alterations and a comeback; instead it's been torturous and he won't ever be back after he's inevitably dropped soon.

Spikey

I don't see why, based on NSW's history, he would get dropped soon. I'm certain he'll make it to the BBL. One of the young boys might drop out before Larkin. if Smith and Warner can come back after the BBL obviously he's done for, but this whole thing is classic NSW, he'll get games, possibly to seasons' end, and then have his contract axed and never come back.

Burgey

Side needs to be something like:

Hughes
Solway
Patterson
Bertus
Henriques
Edwards/ Hackney
Nevill
Copeland
Dermo
SOK
Lyon

Spikey

We didn't really. He moved back home and we just couldn't resist picking him because he was smashing it. He was actually playing for us without a contract at the start.
I'm certain he signed a contract with us. I think he may have quit Tassie before we offered him one, but he was contracted each he played with us.

and you know I didn't really care that he came back and did 3 or seasons with us, but it's a good example of us doing something that probably pissed Greg Chappelloff, given Ed's papers were all but stamped. but we did it anyway

Spikey

Solway isn't 23 is he? I swear he's in that picture I used to post of Hughes and Smith

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm certain he signed a contract with us. I think he may have quit Tassie before we offered him one, but he was contracted each he played with us.
Yeah just checked and he did end up with a contract, but I do think "good player moves home and you give him a low-paying contract because you're contracting 17 players so why not" is a bit different from going out and trying to recruit him deliberately.