• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

Midwinter

State Captain
Final starts Sunday

Richardson and Andrews in the squad for the Croweaters

Ahmed in the squad for the VIcs.

Will the Vics miss having Stoinis's 10 overs or so ?

burr

State Vice-Captain
I just read S. Smith and H. Cartwright are the only current Australians to average > 50 at first class level. Wow. Seems quite unimpressive.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just read S. Smith and H. Cartwright are the only current Australians to average > 50 at first class level. Wow. Seems quite unimpressive.
Australia has a wealth of bowling talent at the moment so it makes sense. It's a seriously tough competition (which is why Hartley should be in India instead of a retirement home :( )

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The SACA opening bat Johnathon Dalton averages above 50.

I'm looking forward to this final. As Midwinter said, these are the two best bowling units this season so it is hard to see this ending in a draw. I'll go for South Australia to win by 60 runs / 3 wickets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Because Victoria are in it probably. I hope the stream is good, if they are in doubt, just let the SA boys do it as they are the best in the business.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really annoying it's not at the MCG. I'm in Melbourne with a day off tomorrow so I'd be down there to watch it but instead it's in the middle of bloody nowhere.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Victoria have left out Boland and have named Fawad in the XI. Midwinter, you mentioned before if Victoria will miss Stoinis bowling - I don't think so with Christian named as the 5th bowler. White, Arun Finch and Quiney could always bowl a couple of overs if need be.

SA have named the XI that was expected leaving out NT born Kane Richardson and the second spinner Andrew.

Victoria are batting first.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I have this on. It is the final of your main domestic competition yet it is in the middle of nowhere, somewhere with mountains, and there is absolutely no bugger there!! Do Victoria and South Australia not have traveling fans like English counties?

Midwinter

State Captain
I have this on. It is the final of your main domestic competition yet it is in the middle of nowhere, somewhere with mountains, and there is absolutely no bugger there!! Do Victoria and South Australia not have traveling fans like English counties?
Steady start

I might have gone across to Adelaide but Alice is a bit far.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice Harmison-esque wide from Worrall to start his spell.

It was nice of Head to put on Zampa to get the run rate up.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I like the commentary. It is refreshingly old-fashioned and free of 'blokey' chit-chat (a la Channel Nine).