• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

SuperEgz

Cricket Spectator
What do you guys think about the latest version of the pink ball with the black seam that was used in the latest games? have they finally got it right or can they do some more tinkering?

Personally I think they have it right now and I can't really think of what else could be done to make it better.

Midwinter

State Captain
After 7 rounds Vics are on top of the shield table and all is right with the world !

Runs

Vic Dean 576, Handscomb 529
Qld Renshaw 601, Heazlett 484
SA Ferguson 478, Cosgrove 429
NSW Patterson 510, Cowan 435
WA Klinger 490, Bancroft 483
Tas. Dunk 635, Bailey 548

Bowling

Vic Ahmed 22, Boland 21
Qld Hopes 20. Sketetee 14
SA Mennie 31, Sayer 19
NSW Bollinger 20, O'Keefe 17
WA Paris 24, Hogan 19
Tas Bird 25, Feketee 24

Vic have had a good team effort.
Qld has been carried by James Hopes with some help from their inconsistent younger batsmen.
Haven't heard any one calling for Joe Mennie from SA to be called up for a rep team yet, perhaps next year.
NSW is all over the shop,
Paris continuing his good form, WA batting has let them down through inconsistency despite having Klinger, but will be better for the experience.

Tassie being on the bottom of the table is interesting, having leading runscorers and up near the top of the leading wicket takers but the impression has been that the batting has let them down and their bowling is not that strong.

Next round starts on 25th

Last edited:

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Sad day for The Gong, too. Well, an even sadder day than usual.

SA Squad

1. Travis Head
2. Thomas Andrews
3. Alex Carey
4. Mark Cosgrove
5. Jake Lehmann
6. Joe Mennie
7. Gary Putland
8. Sam Raphael
9. Alex Ross
10. Cameron Valente
11. Jake Weatherald
12. Daniel Worrall

Out: Nick Benton (inj.) Tom Cooper, Tim Ludeman, Adam Zampa (Australia T20)

They're pulling the T20 players pretty early. Another shield round for Zampa would have been nice.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Presumably Cosgrove and Raphael to open in that case, looking very wonky with Lehmann and Head at 3 and 4.

What happen to Ludes? Injured or sent to the trash?

brockley

International Captain
Ludeman averaged 14 with the bat and Cooper 17,after 7 matches.
Good news for Cooper is he can be a replacement for the World T20 cup,as sides not set in stone yet.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Weatherald bats at 3 in the Futures Cup so he might bat above Lehmann, maybe Head too. Cooper has had a weird year, he clearly isn't suited to opening and in the Big Bash batting at number 7 wasn't great for him either.

brockley

International Captain
Nair on standby for Somerville who has a finger injury.
Really should have taken 2 spinners 2 Coffs.And bat Nair at 7.
I guess its Copeland vs Abbott for the no 7 spot,with an average of 15 each,makes no sense.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
NSW squad (12)
Nic Maddinson, Sean Abbott, Doug Bollinger, Ryan Carters, Trent Copeland, Ed Cowan, Daniel Hughes, Arjun Nair , Kurtis Patterson, Ben Rohrer, Gurinder Sandhu, Will Somerville

Out: Nick Larkin, Nigel Cowell, Stephen O’Keefe (finger)

Vic squad (12)
Matthew Wade (C), Fawad Ahmed, Aaron Ayre, Scott Boland, Dan Christian, Travis Dean, Peter Handscomb, Jon Holland, Jake Reed, Marcus Stoinis, Chris Tremain, Cameron White

Out: Clint McKay, Glenn Maxwell, Rob Quiney (calf)

Qld Squad (12) - unchanged
Chris Hartley (c), Peter George, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, James Hopes, Marnus Labuschagne, Chris Lynn, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Jack Wildermuth

Gnske

Vics seem a bit unsure who their incumbent for Wade is.

Been really happy to see QLD pull through after jerking my knees at the beginning of the season bemoaning how weak our lineup looked, so nice not to need Peter "I almost got a Test debut" Forrest and Nathan "Yes I played for Australia" Reardon. Irks me to no end that we can't have McDermott the Forgotten and Stanlake in the bowling lineup, would be very exciting.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I assume Ayre is picked as a straight up batsman now.

PEWS boi stole my boi's spot. he bounced back tho

Stumps Day 1. NSW 0-26 in reply to Canterbury's 251. Green 4-81

brockley

International Captain
The pacemen have struggled this year apart from Bollinger,so I would play the 2 spinners.If the pace not working try spin,and they dropped Cowell.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, would drop Sandhu. Would be classic NSW if Sommerville wasn't fit and they called in some other spinner

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
WA squad (13)
Michael Klinger (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Marcus Harris, Michael Hogan, Shaun Marsh, David Moody, Joel Paris, Nathan Rimmington, Ashton Turner, Sam Whiteman.

Out: Will Bosisto

Nathan Coulter-Nile will play the first two days, to be replaced by Joel Paris.
A bit weird that Paris is the one given a half game. I guess it must be a workload issue.

Gnske

That would be as much for him as Coulter-Nile you'd suspect, weirder if that is the case to play him at all.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Yeah, that's what I found weird. Rest him or give him a full game.

Moody is the obvious one to give half a game to. I guess they like what he does with an older ball.

Coulter-Nile to head off to South Africa for the T20s if he holds up.

Last edited: