• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My WA Matador Cup side:

1. Harris 2. Klinger 3. Whiteman 4. Turner 5. Wells 6. Bosisto 7. Agar 8. Rimmington 9. Tye 10. Paris 11. Behrendorff

- Voges, Bancroft and Marshx2 are going to be away playing for Australia
- I'm assuming MitchJohnson is being rested for this and NCN out too. Suddenly Wells looks like a real smart signing.
- I'm giving Turner the responsibility to step up to number 4.
- Bosisto's spot the most debatable (ahead of Tye's) no idea how he's started the year in any trials.
Oof that's a very fragile looking line-up

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My WA Matador Cup side:

1. Harris 2. Klinger 3. Whiteman 4. Turner 5. Wells 6. Bosisto 7. Agar 8. Rimmington 9. Tye 10. Paris 11. Behrendorff

- Voges, Bancroft and Marshx2 are going to be away playing for Australia
- I'm assuming MitchJohnson is being rested for this and NCN out too. Suddenly Wells looks like a real smart signing.
- I'm giving Turner the responsibility to step up to number 4.
- Bosisto's spot the most debatable (ahead of Tye's) no idea how he's started the year in any trials.
I was thinking Bosisto is probably the pencilled in as captain of the CA team, given his U19 captaincy roots. If WA don't plan to include him in the first XI, but possibly in the 15 man squad, I'd probably consider leaving him out so he can be in the CA team

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SA Matador Cup

1. Raphael 2. Head 3. Cooper 4. Ferguson 5. Kelvin Smith 6. Ross 7. Ludeman 8. Mennie 9. Zampa 10. Richardson 11. Putland

- Worrall+Sayers could come in with the ball
- Cosgrove+Lehmann with the bat
- Gregory is a potential all-round option too (for Smith probably) if SACA don't think Ross, Head and Cooper can bowl 10 overs combined.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oof that's a very fragile looking line-up
Yeah the batting doesn't look quite up to it. Voges is a big blow. The Marsh bros didn't play much (if at all last summer) so you'd think Klinger would need a similar List-A series to what he's just had in England for WA to go far.

I was thinking Bosisto is probably the pencilled in as captain of the CA team, given his U19 captaincy roots. If WA don't plan to include him in the first XI, but possibly in the 15 man squad, I'd probably consider leaving him out so he can be in the CA team
Yeah true, that could happen. I'm not really certain how much communication there is between CA's team and the WACA selecting their side. Definitely the most debatabale and wouldn't be too surprised seeing Beaton or some random grade Cricketer debut.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Scott Henry had moved to Brisbane. Mire is apparently playing grade in Sydney. Alex Kemp for Qld moved to Sydney late last summer.
Nah, Mire playing at Northcote. Hit 170 vs Geelong in a practice match on the weekend, which finished on 345 vs 337 in a country venue. Ridiculous stuff.

Geelong done well, getting Joel Davies, Liam Buchanan and Andrew McDonald to the club this year.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Didn't realise that Salpi had headed down to Tassie. Was getting big coin in Melbourne grade cricket, and has made the most of his European passport in the past ten years; not sure if he's seen a winter in that time.

Also heard Jade Dernbach is going to rock up in Melbourne grade cricket; his agent had been pushing his resume and requirements around.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
how much would he sting ya?
Dunno, didn't come across my desk. Saving our cash for an interstate import, top order bat...

Heard Dernbach is winding up with Prahran. Not sure what Rogers and McGain are doing with their cricket this year, but they'll have some more of DHussey this year.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
NSW squad: Sean Abbott, Doug Bollinger, Ryan Carters, Ed Cowan, Chris Green, Ryan Gibson, Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Josh Lalor, Nic Maddinson, Kurtis Patterson, Ben Rohrer, Gurinder Sandhu, Shane Watson. ​

Pretty strong on paper. Hopefully T Watto can actually do something for us. Going to rely heavily on our pacemen. Carters obvs taking the gloves so I suspect he'll stay down the order with the finisher role he excelled at last year.

Probably start with:

Watto
Fast Ed
Maddog
Patti
The Rohrer Test
Moi Moi
Agent Carters
Dermo Abb00tt
Guru
Haze
Dougeh! (y)

and rely on Maddison and Rohrer for spin overs if required. Green will only get a look in if it's a dust bowl you'd think and Gibson and Lalor for injury cover. Will be good to see Gibson get a game though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Come on, its NSW.

Rohrer on the bench with Green batting 9. Can't be going in with <7 bowlers.

adub

International Captain
Well I was thinking that having a keeper batting at 7 is just so not NSW I actually forgot about Cowan for a bit. But 8 bowling options including 6 quicks who have bowled for Australia in one form or another is probably plenty.

brockley

International Captain
They generally go with Abbott at 7,and Chris Green can bat a bit,was playing at in the top 6 at Surrey 2nds,surprised he came back to be honest,altho he does have a Thunder contract.Thought Green would get the job at Surrey cause Batty is 38 or something.

adub

International Captain
[They generally go with Abbott at 7,and Chris Green can bat a bit,was playing at in the top 6 at Surrey 2nds,surprised he came back to be honest,altho he does have a Thunder contract.Thought Green would get the job at Surrey cause Batty is 38 or something.]

They were also fitting two spinners in the side. Like I said if it's a slow deck he might get a game, but that squad has been picked to win with an all-seam attack with plenty of variety to adapt to most conditions. If Moises wants some spin in the middle overs he still has three options. I think NSW will be pleased to bat so deep when in the last couple of Ryobi's they've been a little short.

adub

International Captain
Bl00s fixtures

Fixtures
Monday 5 October 2015
Bankstown Oval New South Wales v Cricket Australia XI
Thursday 8 October 2015
North Sydney Oval New South Wales v South Australia
Saturday 10 October 2015
Blacktown ISP Oval Western Australia v New South Wales
Monday 12 October 2015
Hurstville Oval Tasmania v New South Wales