• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2011-12

Sylvester

State Captain
Not ideal seeing a potential Haddin replacement swing at wide ones and then get clean bowled by a yorker from Mitch Marsh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia A squad will reveal new selectors' strategy for future

Shipperd wtf are you thinking bro. voges? holland? jesus ****ing christ no wonder aus cricket is in the gutter

1. Warner
2. Maddinson
3. Usman
4. Forrest
5. Rohrer (fairly confident with that top 4. this could be anything.)
6. Marsh
7. Wade
8. SOK
9. Cutting
10. Pattinson
11. Bollinger

i think that's a decent mix of next in (usman, bollinger, warner, wade maybe) and youth (marsh, cutting, pattinson). I suppose Hauritz could be in the frame depending on how he returns in grade this week. would be p pissed if both of pattinson and cummins play in it

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australia A squad will reveal new selectors' strategy for future

Shipperd wtf are you thinking bro. voges? holland? jesus ****ing christ no wonder aus cricket is in the gutter

1. Warner
2. Maddinson
3. Usman
4. Forrest
5. Rohrer (fairly confident with that top 4. this could be anything.)
6. Marsh
7. Wade
8. SOK
9. Cutting
10. Pattinson
11. Bollinger

i think that's a decent mix of next in (usman, bollinger, warner, wade maybe) and youth (marsh, cutting, pattinson). I suppose Hauritz could be in the frame depending on how he returns in grade this week. would be p pissed if both of pattinson and cummins play in it
That's about right. I don't think Rohrer will play though; they'd sooner play someone like White or Voges.

Spikey

yeah that was my own team based on form (rohrer, cutting), youth and next in line. I fully expect form to be ignored, no Bollinger & someone other than SOK as spinner

Spikey

1. warner
2. maddinson
3. usman
4. callum
5. white
6. marsh
7. maxwell
8. wade
9. pattinson
10. cummins
11. starc

obv more along the lines of what we'll see

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yeah that was my own team based on form (rohrer, cutting), youth and next in line. I fully expect form to be ignored, no Bollinger & someone other than SOK as spinner
I reckon Bollinger and O'Keefe will play tbh. They're still in the limited overs setups, and the Australian selectors (like all selectors around the world, really) like to believe that all cricket is virtually the same.

Spikey

yeah but that might be the things that keep them out. SOK doesn't need the aus a match, he's got the t20s!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That's about right. I don't think Rohrer will play though; they'd sooner play someone like White or Voges.
Voges wouldn't be the ****test selection in the world to be fair, he's started this season pretty well has he not and had a solid county season for Notts.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is anyone watching the stream today? They are actually zooming in with the bowler, it looks a good battle watching Pattinson vs. Harris and North.

I hope Marcus Harris has a good year. He's young and looks to have a very uncomplicated technique, one to watch for sure.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Is anyone watching the stream today? They are actually zooming in with the bowler, it looks a good battle watching Pattinson vs. Harris and North.

I hope Marcus Harris has a good year. He's young and looks to have a very uncomplicated technique, one to watch for sure.
At the ground. Pattinson v Harris was a great contest.

Boland took a wicket in his first over. Great start, however I'm not convinced he will have a long career at first class level.

adub

International Captain
I note Maxwell made some runs again. Really warming to him. A really consistent contributor so far.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
At the ground. Pattinson v Harris was a great contest.

Boland took a wicket in his first over. Great start, however I'm not convinced he will have a long career at first class level.
Sweet mate, yeah it was an excellent contest from what I saw. I'm starting to think that Marcus Harris would be an excellent Australia A selection, I wonder if any selectors are at the game?

Yeah it's hard to believe that Boland will have a long career, but you really knows.

I note Maxwell made some runs again. Really warming to him. A really consistent contributor so far.
Yeah you love Maxwell and Rohrer! I must admit I haven't seen much of Maxwell's batting in the four day arena, I'll try to tomorrow if he gets a hit. He always gets his runs fast, what sort of batsman is he in first class cricket?

adub

International Captain
Yeah you love Maxwell and Rohrer! I must admit I haven't seen much of Maxwell's batting in the four day arena, I'll try to tomorrow if he gets a hit. He always gets his runs fast, what sort of batsman is he in first class cricket?
At the moment just going off the figures, but in 11 innings he has 1 ton, 4 fifties and scores at 75/100. Would seem he's still pretty aggressive in fc but is really starting to put a case together. I'm certainly not saying to fly him to SA, but assuming Hussey survives until the end of 12/13 then he may be right in the frame to take that spot at 6. Got another wicket also yesterday, and the abc commentators said he could be a star with the ball. Will keep an eye on him. If he can average high 40s with the bat and mid 30s with the ball then that screams No. 6 to me.

Rohrer is more a joke to slap down the Callum Ferguson fan club. I don't see him as a test player at all, just a very very solid fc player (although after the last test...). The Rohrer joke just becomes even funnier when you've now got Shipperd saying someone like Peter Forrest should play Aus A (as an opener!). Ben Rohrer is just shorthand for "are you really pushing (insert nuffy with sub 40 average here) for test selection?". In the Rohrer test if you are better than Ben you are a shot at test selection, otherwise be thankful for your Shield contract. Currently the Better than Ben list is very thin and of them Lynn has been injured (and needs to prove he can back up his first year), Katich is well we know, Smith is widely hated and still really needs to keep the runs coming this season, Rogers and Dave Hussey are too old, Cosgrove is too fat, Khawaja will play next test and Warner is likely to fly over as cover. That to me is pretty much it. We have some great young kids about like Maddinson, Harris, Maxwell, and maybe even older guys like Finch, Cooper and Forrest who may one day pass the Rohrer test, but they aren't there yet.

Sylvester

State Captain
I saw Maxwell's 60 odd. He started off streaky, had quite a few go through slips including a period where he had 4 edges in a row including the last one which was dropped. He was about 30 odd at that stage. He is very much like Gilchrist, anything remotely bad will go to the fence. Of course this can also be his downfall. Technique wise didn't see anything serious to worry about.