• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2016

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also rather odd that Burns was given Australia A captaincy but loses out to the balding ginger.

Apparently captaining for Wynnum Manly is not to be taken lightly.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
floros was playing in the indoor championships 6 months ago. dead set this is a new low for queensland

brockley

International Captain
I think Jason Floros was captain of the ACT Rockets indoor cricket side,and I think he played in the Australian indoor cricket team.No English off season for him.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but it'll only start once the initial games at AB field are done, think all the Perth ones are getting televised + Gabba and most of the Sydney ones

TheJediBrah

CA basically have to pay Nine to show it I think :laugh: But yeah it is.
Yeah but it'll only start once the initial games at AB field are done, think all the Perth ones are getting televised + Gabba and most of the Sydney ones
Excellent I've just realized my 2 weeks off Oct 10-24 ish coincide beautifully, especially since travelling plans were recently cancelled due to girlfriend's work commitments

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really surprsied Nair wasn't included for NSW; India A couldn't get him away at all when he was playing for NPS. He'll definitely be in the CA XI anyway.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Good to see Fekete back after stress fractures. Wasn't sure he was going to be right by then.

Stevenson getting a game too, might be better to face on any of the slower pitches that get produced.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, reckon some of the picks made might be in knowledge of who will get games for CA XI. I mean, why take Nair for him to be on the sidelines, when you know he'll probably play most games for CA XI.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well he's hardly going to play ahead of SOK and Lyon./
Yeah but I thought they'd pick him over Green. VO raises a good point though; it's obvious he'll be in the CAXI now and they'd probably rather that than having him carry drinks as Green will.

brockley

International Captain
Handscomb to skipper Matador Cup squad - Victorian Bushrangers
Victorian squad.
The CA xl will look nothing like the side from last season.Thought Pierson would be there but Hartley dropped,and why is no one asking why?
Probably some who played in the CA cl in the 4 way with the A teams will be picked,not Heazlett he unfit.

Michael Beer back is this the comeback,Fawad in one dayers I don't see it.
Will Handscomb keep or will Ayre play as a wickie batsmen,another question.
Strong looking Vics squad.

TheJediBrah

Handscomb to skipper Matador Cup squad - Victorian Bushrangers
Victorian squad.
The CA xl will look nothing like the side from last season.Thought Pierson would be there but Hartley dropped,and why is no one asking why?
Probably some who played in the CA cl in the 4 way with the A teams will be picked,not Heazlett he unfit.

Michael Beer back is this the comeback,Fawad in one dayers I don't see it.
Will Handscomb keep or will Ayre play as a wickie batsmen,another question.
Strong looking Vics squad.
Yes Vics look very strong, will dominate all tournament then lose the final to NSW

IIRC Hartley hasn't done much in List A cricket lately, made a few opening the batting a year or 2 ago but scored quite slowly in very high-scoring conditions