• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia vs England

Rich2001

International Captain
Well what a match, but a pity about the result - That's two games in a row agaist Australia that we had them beat but just lost it when it mattered.

All credit to the Aussies though they held their nerves when it mattered and well A.Bichel wont have many better days than today!

Well done Australia, but we will be back :D

Unfortunalty we have to relay on others now which nobody likes doing but good luck to Pakistan and if we do make it through, it will be 3rd time lucky v the Aussies :P :D (and 4th when we get you in the finals ;) )

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Strange, I heard Brett Lee saying he is in the best form of his career (yeah, like all the other times), and what happens? He gets canned...

Even Caddick did better, he got 3 Wickets after his words about India, then 4 more in this game...

I suppose the key is to keep quiet now...

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Well England still have a good chance now, as Pakistan will have to beat Zimb by a very big margin to enter the SS , which i think will be very difficult for them.However Pakistan will go all out against Zimb , taking lot of risks,and in the process might even end up losing the match.If that happens Zimb will get to the SS

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Well Lee had been saying before the match that he is getting faster and faster.He did bowl at 160 kmp , so indeed he is getting faster but with that the ball is also travelling faster to the boundary.
I guess Lee will have to perform better or Aussies should replace Lee by Bicheal when Jason returns!

Rich2001

International Captain
warrioryohannan said:
Well England still have a good chance now, as Pakistan will have to beat Zimb by a very big margin to enter the SS , which i think will be very difficult for them.However Pakistan will go all out against Zimb , taking lot of risks,and in the process might even end up losing the match.If that happens Zimb will get to the SS
Well I know the target would be hard, but I've just seen a list of the possibles, and quite fankly Pakistan don't stand a chance IMO.

Zimbabwe bat 1st And score 250, Pakistan must knock the runs off in 14.2 Overs!

Pakistan bat 1st And score 250, they must bowl Zimbabwe out for just 62 or less!

There's obliviously whole load of possiblities, but I took this example as it's about a par score in ODI... However even if Pakistan score 300 they still must bowl Zimbabawe out for only 121 or less.

Others

Zimbabwe score / Pak overs to score the runs

100 / 10.5

150 / 12.1

200 / 13.2

250 / 14.2

One that I would question is if Pakistan bat first and only score 200 then they must bowl Zimbabawe out for 13 or less.. If they do that I deman an enquire!!!!!

Last edited:

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The Aussies were very lucky to get away with that one. The batting of the top order was awful. I know they love to attack but Ponting, Gilchrist and Hayden just threw their wickets away. Bevan is just a master of that type of situation. Nobody does it better.

Bichel also played the match of his life and don't forget that Hogg bowled extremely well.

After the last 2 games these sides have played England may think that will never beat Australia.

Will the English press get stuck into Anderson now that he's fallen off the pedestal that they've put him on. I surely hope not.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rich2001 said:
Well I know the target would be hard, but I've just seen a list of the possibles, and quite fankly Pakistan don't stand a chance IMO.

Zimbabwe bat 1st And score 250, Pakistan must knock the runs off in 14.2 Overs!

Pakistan bat 1st And score 250, they must bowl Zimbabwe out for just 62 or less!

There's obliviously whole load of possiblities, but I took this example as it's about a par score in ODI... However even if Pakistan score 300 they still must bowl Zimbabawe out for only 121 or less.

Others

Zimbabwe score / Pak overs to score the runs

100 / 10.5

150 / 12.1

200 / 13.2

250 / 14.2

One that I would question is if Pakistan bat first and only score 200 then they must bowl Zimbabawe out for 13 or less.. If they do that I deman an enquire!!!!!
It it that hard for Pak. Yesterday i saw on Sky News that Pak'sNRR was 0.39 and England's0.82. I thought that there was not much of a difference :rolleyes:

Choora

State Regular
Thats an impossible task for Pakistan, even if they had been in the best of forms.

However it would be stupid of Pak's to go just for a win regardless of a big improvement in NRR, but in doing so Pakistan will take many risk and as such might end up losing the match to Zimbabwe!!

Bazza

International 12th Man
What you have to remember VR is that NRR is averaged out. So at the moment they have +0.39 after 5 games (+1.95 total). They need to average +0.82 after 6 games (+4.92 in total), which means in the Zimbabwe match their RR has to be superior by 3.

ie Zimbabwe score 200 they need to make the runs at 7 an over. In reality this is not the case because they haven't both bowled and faced 50 overs, and it seems the task is even harder than this, which is good news for England! 8D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Argonaut said:

Will the English press get stuck into Anderson now that he's fallen off the pedestal that they've put him on. I surely hope not.
If they do, that would be
a) unfortunate
b) predictable.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Bazza said:
What you have to remember VR is that NRR is averaged out. So at the moment they have +0.39 after 5 games (+1.95 total). They need to average +0.82 after 6 games (+4.92 in total), which means in the Zimbabwe match their RR has to be superior by 3.

ie Zimbabwe score 200 they need to make the runs at 7 an over. In reality this is not the case because they haven't both bowled and faced 50 overs, and it seems the task is even harder than this, which is good news for England! 8D
Very Very good news for England. Sorry forgot about the average of all the matches. Remembered that Zim's NRR was very high around 3.00 after they beat Namibia and so thought that it would be very easy for Pak. But there is also a danger for Eng b'coz if Zim bat first and make 200 then Pak will try for that and may lose early wickets:(