• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction Draft- 8 participants maximum

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Sorry this is going on the shelf. Too much happening in real life to be bothered.

Apologies. If someone else wants to run with it feel free.

srbhkshk

International Captain
If no one has a problem, I will pick it up with a few rule changes -
1. I don't want to exceed a month on this so 4 players each day for 30 days.
2. Purse remains the same - $10M, however minimum bid is $100,000 and the increments are at least $50,000 each.
3. There is no pass - don't pass - pass sucks - boooo
4. All teams must end up with a minimum of 11 players and then you can pick your best 11 if you have more, teams below 11 players will be disqualified, there is no maximum limit.
5. Trading is allowed, however to prevent misuse
a. The player cost will remain the same on the one it was first auctioned, so if you want to trade players who were auctioned at different rates you must offer money to make up the difference, this also means if you have $200K left in the purse and want to trade for a player who costs $400K more than what you are offering in return, hard luck.
b. Every time 2 players indulge in trading they both lose $100K from their pot apart from the above.
6. In case you want to bring in a player not from the auction pool after the 120 players are done, you are allowed, but
a. He must have played International cricket.
b. You will pay at least $400K for him, and if anyone else thinks they like the player, they can offer a bigger bet.

Other things remain the same as RHs original post, we will be doing a fresh start so let me know who all are interested.

Compton

International Debutant
If this is happening again, you're probably best just starting a fresh thread for it.

Compton

International Debutant
:(

Edit: if there's no movement on this in the next day or so, I'm stealing the idea and starting it again.

Last edited: