• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATVG Draft

Shri

Mr. Glass
Rules:

No openers who average over 45

No batsmen who average over 50

No all rounders who average over 40 with the bat or under 30 with the ball

No fast bowlers who average under 25

No spin bowlers who average under 28

Every team should have at one player from 8 different test nations.

Draft rules:

No draft orders. You can pick once every 24 hours from the time you picked.

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
I'm in.
But would like to see the rules made more precise. I have not seen 'should' in rules before. What you have is a good start though. Though some (probably many) top 10 for their country are def not ATGs.

ataraxia

International Coach
I'm in, but I agree with Teuton. We've seen that what each poster defines as an ATG is often very different.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. In but yeah need more clarity on who is a ATVG. Many greats who were there at the beginning stages of their country's cricket origins will have played lesser tests. You can actually define ATVG in terms of bowling and batting averages, I reckon.

Shri

Mr. Glass
lol.. In but yeah need more clarity on who is a ATVG. Many greats who were there at the beginning stages of their country's cricket origins will have played lesser tests. You can actually define ATVG in terms of bowling and batting averages, I reckon.
Kohli - not allowed

Smith - allowed

Teuton

International Captain
Yeah this was always going to descend into a debate on the definitions. I guess a draft is actually a great way to test proposed models (which will never be 100% matched with subjective ratings but can always be improved)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, it depends on what you also actually mean by an ATVG draft. Are we drafting exclusively ATVG players? I don't even agree with that definition. To me there is ATG, then great, then good and then the rest. But if we are only drafting that level of players, we may not have enough for a 10 person or more draft. Maybe we define that ATVG/great is the ceiling of this draft and none of the real ATGs should get picked, in which case, phlegm's conditions make the best sense.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah, it depends on what you also actually mean by an ATVG draft. Are we drafting exclusively ATVG players? I don't even agree with that definition. To me there is ATG, then great, then good and then the rest. But if we are only drafting that level of players, we may not have enough for a 10 person or more draft. Maybe we define that ATVG/great is the ceiling of this draft and none of the real ATGs should get picked, in which case, phlegm's conditions make the best sense.
yeah this is what i meant

a massive zebra

International Captain
In.

The bowling average restriction looks a little low for spinners. For instance, Shane Warne is eligible for this draft.

a massive zebra

International Captain
We probably need a minimum wickets per match rule to define whether someone should be categorised as an allrounder. For instance, Doug Walters averaged under 30 as a bowler, but with just 49 wickets in 74 matches, was he really an allrounder?