• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Trivia

Howe_zat

Audio File
Mitchell Starc is one of only two bowlers to concede over four runs an over when taking five-wicket hauls. The other is another Ashes player.

(qualification: at least 3 five-fors)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wait, I think I'm misreading the question. Do you mean that if I statsguru'd this and narrowed it down to just 5 wicket hauls that Starc and AN Other's economy rate during said innings would be over 4?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Wait, I think I'm misreading the question. Do you mean that if I statsguru'd this and narrowed it down to just 5 wicket hauls that Starc and AN Other's economy rate during said innings would be over 4?
Yeah so in the innings where they are taking 5+ wicket hauls, they concede more than 4 an over on average in those innings.

I'm guessing either Finn or Onions, both of whom have pretty high economy rates IIRC.
And no - older

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Mitchell Starc is one of only two bowlers to concede over four runs an over when taking five-wicket hauls. The other is another Ashes player.

(qualification: at least 3 five-fors)
Besides Starc and the other Ashes player, Upul Chandana also took 3 five-fors (2 v Aus at Cairns in 2004, 1 v Pakistan at Dhaka in 1999) which (overall) went for over 4 an over.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I suspect the answer to this is "no", but has any bowler done better than Broad at Trent Bridge, who took his 5th wicket of the innings with just the 19th ball that he bowled?