• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes tickets

Howzatone

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi there,

Has anyone else received their application results for the Headingley Ashes test? It was meant to be today, but I've not received anything.

Thanks.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From their website:

The ballot draw will take place w/c 23rd February and all entrants, both successful and unsuccessful, will be contacted by email.

W/c means week commencing, so you should receive an email by the end of the week. Best of luck, my fingers are crossed too.

Howzatone

Oh, okay, cheers.

Thanks, I had no idea w/c meant weak commencing :wacko:

My fingers and toes are crossed, what do you rate your chances? Too many people wanting to buy them to sell on will have applied :dry:

Uppercut

Not really thinking about it but if i do get them, it's a bonus. There's a fair chance I'll somehow find a way to make it there if I don't get them anyway, so I'll see. I'm just working under the assumption that I won't.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, missed the ballot but should get a ticket if my mate gets lucky in the ballot. My only chance really and i'll have to go accross the border...once you add in paying for the visa and the travel insurance it will be one expensive day at the cricket.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Oh, okay, cheers.

Thanks, I had no idea w/c meant weak commencing :wacko:

My fingers and toes are crossed, what do you rate your chances? Too many people wanting to buy them to sell on will have applied :dry:
True, this is a really lucrative time for seller-onners (can't remember the actual name for them something like scalpers)

Uppercut

Yeah, missed the ballot but should get a ticket if my mate gets lucky in the ballot. My only chance really and i'll have to go accross the border...once you add in paying for the visa and the travel insurance it will be one expensive day at the cricket.

:laugh:

I'm going to have to trek from Belfast before crossing over into the dark side from here on the morning of the match. It will be a somewhat thrilling conquest, and I'm considering writing an epic novel on my experiences.

Howzatone

I'm having to come from Sunny Old Scotland to get to the game ;)

But still, when it comes to the Ashes, nothing in world sport beats it.

Jigga988

State 12th Man

I'm going to have to trek from Belfast before crossing over into the dark side from here on the morning of the match. It will be a somewhat thrilling conquest, and I'm considering writing an epic novel on my experiences.
If only you had a title......

Should call it ' The Paddy and his potatoe mashes go on an epic journey in search of the ashes. '

A short synopsis of the story:

A cricket mad Irishman stumbles upon a ticket to go to the Ashes... he has to go, it's a chance of a life time for him. Upon reaching Headingley after an epic journey he stumbles upon Freddy looking despondant... and that's the moment that Uppercut (a surbaban Irishman wasting his life) saves the ashes by giving Freddy his magic mash potatoes, but were the potatoes drugged! find out in the sequel...

'A roller coaster of emotions with no seat belt! I could truely feel all the ebbs and flows of the beautiful journey...'
The Times

'Full of *** lies and deceit... and action thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat...'
The Sun

Howzatone

I have been succesful in the ballot, and have received 4 tickets seated together for Day 4! Wootage! :D :D :D :D