• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Predictions

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Result: 2-2....ok 2-1 England.
Leading run scorer: Cook
Leading Wicket Taker: Broad
Surprise Package: Lyth
Biggest Failure: Smith
Surprise Dropping: Haddin

I have just decided right now that Broad is going to have a great series.
Lyth...oh dear.

Will take the England win and Broad though. Haddin does not really count, Smith well he failed a bit but then also scored loads of runs like the fantastic player he is.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Result - 2-2 Draw (I will say I think Australia will be the better side, but I say there'll be at least two collapses) - if Australia had survived another hour at Cardiff (last day was a washout IIRC) I'd have been in the money. Can't really say we were the better side though. Maybe in London :p
Leading run scorer - Root - leading England runscorer anyway. Probably the best batsman so not a terrible call.
Leading wicket taker - Anderson (though certain Aussie bowlers will average less) - had he not gotten hurt I could well have been in the money here. Overestimated our bowling attack, which in fairness these predictions were done before Harris retired
Surprise package - Rogers - will outscore Warner. - yup. Maybe not the the biggest surprise, but close
Biggest Failure - Ballance, though arguably it would be more of a surprise if he succeeded - actually played an important innings at Cardiff, but looked really bad generally. Not sure he was the Biggest Failure but he wasn't great
Surprise dropping - Johnson, two average Tests leads to him getting dumped. - had Harris been fit he could well have been dumped after Cardiff
Not terrible. Not really right but most of the predictions were in the ballpark.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyth...oh dear.

Will take the England win and Broad though. Haddin does not really count, Smith well he failed a bit but then also scored loads of runs like the fantastic player he is.
It was a surprise just how awful Lyth would be. I don't think anyone expected him to be quite that bad. Furthermore, it was a surprise that he was picked for every match.