• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes milestones and records thread

aussie tragic

International Captain
A thread to list all of the test milestone/records that could occur during the Ashes, or Ashes specific records/milestones that are a little more obscure.

For the overall milestones:
Pat Cummins needs 6 wkts to reach 100
Tim Paine needs 8 dismissals to reach 100

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Broad also needs 6 wkts to reach 450 test wkts, only the 4th pace bowler to do so

While Lyon needs 7 wkts for 350 and 13 wkts to go past the great Dennis Lillee on 355 wkts (will then be 3rd overall for Australia behind only Warne and McGrath).

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Now a not so nice record.

Rory Burns will become only the 57th Englishman to open in 8 tests or more. If he scores less than 25 runs in his 2 innings, he will officially have the lowest average of those 57 players (currently 22.28, lowest is Trevor Bailey with 21.04, who was more of an allrounder and make-shift opener in 14 of his 61 tests)

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Burgey needs to make 100% **** posts to maintain a 100% **** posting record since 2006

Broad and Anderson will be involved in their fifth successful Ashes should we win. Can’t have been many Englishmen claiming that accolade in a long while.

America have been at war in Afghanistan for less time than Australia have been waiting to win in England. Both have been a very long time and both likely to continue for some time yet.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Once upon a time there was a cricket team from Australia, they were very very good.........the end.

It's a riveting story, little wonder you love to regale us with it so frequently.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but the point trundler made is current and therefore relevant (things I never thought would be said) Stephens........not so much.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
And it should be pointed out that Aus have won 33 Ashes series compared to Enlands 32, with 5 drawn series.

Hardly as historically dominant as the crimms would have us believe is it?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but the point trundler made is current and therefore relevant (things I never thought would be said) Stephens........not so much.
I slow down for a day and Adders goes all mushy on me.

Also, do the 19th century ones really count?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I have an assurance that the Nixon's will flow thick and fast for any non Eng/Aus posters attempting to participate here once the series gets under way.

Get your own history and premiere series ****s.......this is all ours.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And it should be pointed out that Aus have won 33 Ashes series compared to Enlands 32, with 5 drawn series.

Hardly as historically dominant as the crimms would have us believe is it?
England won about 12 of theirs pre-1900 ffs. They've been consistently rodgered since WW1.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Siddle is the last Aussie bowler to take a wkt in England (Ali in 2015) and is currently the highest Ashes wkt taker in the squad with 73 (Lyon 65, Starc 51, Hazlewood 37)

Edit: Siddle also needs 7 wkts to get to 50 wkts in England, the 10th highest ever = with Merv Hughes and Bill O'reilly

This should make Nufan happy :)

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Broad and Anderson will be involved in their fifth successful Ashes should we win. Can’t have been many Englishmen claiming that accolade in a long while.
Ian Bell has done it. Only Botham and Wilfred Rhodes had done it before him.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Ian Bell has done it. Only Botham and Wilfred Rhodes had done it before him.
lol, if you're bringing up Rhodes (played 1899-1926) might as well bring out WG Grace with 6 wins (btw Rhodes was also involved in 6 Ashes defeats).

Looking this up, I found Steve Waugh was involved in 8 series wins, Shane Warne 7 and Mark Waugh, Mark Taylor, Ian Healy and Glenn McGrath 6. In the current squad, this will be Smith, Warner and Lyons 3rd series win ;)

Last edited: