• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes dream teams

a massive zebra

International Captain
JASON said:
Of the Australian Team, replace DC Boon for Trumper, KR Stackpole or WM Lawry for GS Chappell, and RM Hogg for Lindwall. This is based on Ashes performances and not on career performance.
Rodney Hogg was feared by English Batsmen during (his short international career) the two or three Ashes series he played, taking 56 wickets at 17.00 .
Keith Stackpole (stacky) and (Bill) Lawry have better Ashes record than Greg Chapell. David Boon averages 45 odd in the Ashes to Trumpers 35 odd.
:thumbdown

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
It is amazing that you think Boon should replace Trumper. And you are an Australian !

Its also beyond comprehension that you compare , on the basis of batting average, two players who played a century apart. No consideration for the quality of wickets etc at all.

Till Bradman was half way through his career, Trumper was the name that occupied THE BATSMAN OF ALLTIME pedestal in cricket. There were those living then who had seen Trumper play and were seeing Bradman. But today, having seen neither, we decide that some one like Boon, heaven have mercy, is a better batsman that Victor Trumper because of their relative test batting averages in the Ashes. Phew...
What I said was my opinion. David Boon is a player I have seen and rate highly based on what I have seen. You are entitled to yours.

tooextracool

International Coach
JASON said:
What I said was my opinion. David Boon is a player I have seen and rate highly based on what I have seen. You are entitled to yours.
so you rate a player higher on the basis of having seen him as opposed to a player you have never seen?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Well. If we are to rate only those that we have seen, more than half the players in both sides dont qualify. I thought it was an all time eleven and not an our-generation eleven.