• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ascending batting average draft (tests)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vaughan was much better opening but Atherton would look so out of place at 6.

I considered Barrington ahead of Hutton but a Atherton/Vaughan combo isn’t winning many votes and Hutton is certainly the better/more highly regarded player.

Could probably switch Dravid and Richardson but that’s much of a muchness

Atherton
Hutton
Vaughan
Richardson
Dravid
Border

Might be closest to the best option maybe?
I'd go with that, yeah

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm going with my alternative batting order:

C.Gayle 6
B.Edrich 7
D.Bradman (c)
G.Viswanath
S.Ganguly 8
A.Stewart (w/k)
B.D'Oliviera 5
A.Davidson 3
N.Lyon 4
F.Tyson 1
G.McGrath 2

Stewart would only open of Bradman won the toss and opted to bat. Solid batting down to #8 to support Bradman. A great fast bowling trio with Davidson offering left arm variation. A dependable spinner and plenty of back-up bowling support.

Teuton

International Captain

I considered Barrington ahead of Hutton but a Atherton/Vaughan combo isn’t winning many votes and Hutton is certainly the better/more highly regarded player.

Atherton
Hutton
Vaughan
Richardson
Dravid
Border

Personally I would put Dravid to 3, Richie to 4 then Border. Some one has to bat out of position at 5 or 6 so might as well be the worst bat from the group, Vaughan.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

Atherton
Hutton
Vaughan
Richardson
Dravid
Border

I'd go:

Hutton
Atherton
Dravid
Vaughan
Richardson
Border

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Personally I would put Dravid to 3, Richie to 4 then Border. Some one has to bat out of position at 5 or 6 so might as well be the worst bat from the group, Vaughan.
Problem is there are two/three openers and two/three number threes to try and fit into the top 6!

Border at 6 makes sense because he can bat anywhere from 4-6. I wouldn't put Atherton anywhere except opening. You'd want the best number 3 at number 3 (Dravid). I feel like Vaughan at 4 and Richardson at 5 makes some sense.