• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are Rohit and Kohli bottlers in ODI knockouts?

Flem274*

123/5
WC semi 2015, CT 2017 final, WC semi 2019...it is becoming a pattern now. Despite all the stats and numbers, time and again both Kohli and Sharma have failed to turn up in the knockouts. Is this a coincidence or just an inability to deal with the pressure of knockouts?
your posting is really improving. this is two good posts now. well done.

Burner

International Regular
Didn't India crush Bangladesh in the champions trophy semi final with both Kohli and Sharma scoring almost a century each? So maybe a little bit of confirmation bias at play too.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Because?

And Bangladesh are a good side now. No call for a "with all due respect" disclaimer.
How is Asia Cup a big tournament? Might as well count Tri series or whatever then. I clearly mentioned ICC ODI knockouts.

And let's not be politically correct here, Bangladesh are still a terrible side.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
a team that has actually beaten India in WCs, just FTR
You've been trying to provoke me for days now. Good job :) since you mention it, India are 50-75 odd Vs Pak and Bangladesh are something like 5-35 Vs Pak.

Bangladesh are not a good team, we need to deal with it. They have won nothing of note so far in their entire history. An Asia Cup final which they lost is probably their biggest achievement. When they actually win something then we will talk.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
your posting is really improving. this is two good posts now. well done.
Thanks mate, with this latest post of yours I guess we are both on 2 good posts now; I have a slightly better strike rate.

Bhai you guys lost pretty badly on the 16th and these two hit you guys for a lot of runs (not to mention Asia cup etc). :laugh: Those scars will never heal. See you next year for the annual Pakistan beatdown by India.
And what did they do in CT final? That's the point, when it's a big game knockout against non minnows they choke.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
Thanks mate, with this latest post of yours I guess we are both on 2 good posts now; I have a slightly better strike rate.

And what did they do in CT final? That's the point, when it's a big game knockout against non minnows they choke.
2013 CT semi, 2013 CT final, 2015 WC QF, 2017 CT SF?

You are just making Bangladesh a minnow according to convenience while they have a 4-1 record against Pakistan in the last 4 years.

You seem to be one of those bigoted Pakistanis who still can't digest 1971. Bangladesh has a higher GDP and GDP per capita than Pakistan now as well as HDI etc. Forget catching up with India, Bangladesh is overtaking you. Pakistan's economy has completely crashed and this will take a toll on cricket (as it has for the past 10-15 years).

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is all very boring.

You won't accept any evidence to the contrary because you seem to have your mind made up, Amirfan. Perhaps you would consider focusing on aspects of the game other than why the star players of the team you dislike are bottlers and how another team you look down upon are still minnows despite them having beaten the side you support multiple times over the last few years.

Consider something more constructive.

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
It's a legitimate question. Even experts such as Basit Ali, Tanveer Ahmed, Abdul Razzaq and Shoaib Akhtar have pointed this out. There's no doubt they are both great batsmen but when it comes to the big games they are very vulnerable and their records prove this. If you have something to add other than ad hominem, disparaging remarks and snide comments it would be nice.
Liked for the list of experts starting with Basit Ali. Good stuff this.

Shri

Mr. Glass
This is all very boring.

You won't accept any evidence to the contrary because you seem to have your mind made up, Amirfan. Perhaps you would consider focusing on aspects of the game other than why the star players of the team you dislike are bottlers and how another team you look down upon are still minnows despite them having beaten the side you support multiple times over the last few years.

Consider something more constructive.
i mean he is a fan of a guy who fixed games

what more did you expect from someone with dubious morals? intelligence?

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
In the 2017 CT semi-final, Rohit Sharma scored 123* and Kohli scored a 96*.
In the 2018 Asia Cup final, Rohit scored 48, the highest from India. Kohli didn't play.
I think bringing up a 48 in an Asia Cup final helps his case tbh. Kinda scraping the barrel when you're talking about two batsmen who many would consider ATGs, particularly Kohli.

Sure, the bottler tag is provocative and we can get into arguments about the sample size when discussing knockouts, but I don't think it's particularly controversial to say Kohli has been disappointing in ODI world tournaments by his standards.

I'm with Basit Ali and Amirfan on this one lads.

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
I don't have the stats and I'm too dumb to find them, but has Kohli ever been our best bat in a single one of these world tournaments (outside of the T20 world cups, esp. the one in India where he completely carried us)? Just from memory, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, he seems to get a run of good, but not great scores before coming up short towards the end.

Ignoring Rohit in this discussion because I don't expect as much from him.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think bringing up a 48 in an Asia Cup final helps his case tbh. Kinda scraping the barrel when you're talking about two batsmen who many would consider ATGs, particularly Kohli.

Sure, the bottler tag is provocative and we can get into arguments about the sample size when discussing knockouts, but I don't think it's particularly controversial to say Kohli has been disappointing in ODI world tournaments by his standards.

I'm with Basit Ali and Amirfan on this one lads.
If he just said "Kohli has been a disappointment in ODI World Tournaments", nobody would have a problem to begin with and you probably know that.