• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

are england capable.....

simmy said:
Of course they were going to get it. Aus only have two bowlers... Mcgrath was and injured the rest of the bowling attack looked very ordinary (even Warne at times). Just feel that if Tres hadnt nicked that ball from Kasper then Aus would really be staring down the barrel atm.
If Warne had caught that nick from Strauss and Kaspa hadn't overstepped when Hayden caught Tres, and Flintoff's first attacking stroke hadn't just gone over the head of mid off, or his look away 6 hadn't carried and Warne's plumb LBW's had all been given, Eng would really be staring down the barrel atm.

superkingdave said:
warne's plumb lbw's both on giles, who was out LBW the next over anyway?
How many runs did the partnership add between the first shout and the final one, given out. Anything more than about 10 means it was significant.

Swervy

International Captain
Shane Warne said:
If Warne had caught that nick from Strauss and Kaspa hadn't overstepped when Hayden caught Tres, and Flintoff's first attacking stroke hadn't just gone over the head of mid off, or his look away 6 hadn't carried and Warne's plumb LBW's had all been given, Eng would really be staring down the barrel atm.

maybe....didnt happen though

IF KP had have caught his catches last test,maybe England would have won...thing is we dont know

Mr Warne..you are starting to sound like someone who supports a losing team..full of ifs and buts.

You just seem to talk a lot of crap mate..and thats an Aussie saying that btw..thats if you are being serious that is...which for some reason I dont think you are, so I will let you off :p

Last edited:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Shane Warne said:
That's exactly the point I was making to the "if" post I responded to with that.
Congrats on 400 posts SW. Didn't really make the effort insult-wise, but well done none-the-less.

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
they are capable of a 400+ and if they were a little more intelligent they could be looking at 400+ with a few wickets left for tomorrow.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
I agree that Warne gets the rough end of the stick on many occasions, but that's because he is an unsufferable prat who has got up the nose of more than one umpire through his own childish behaviour.

If Warne hadn't been such an idiot throughout his entire career with the mock indigration and the running down the middle of the wicket in a blatant attempt to intimidate umpires, he would have got more, I'm sure of that.

Bowden looked seriously brassed off with him today (ok, I've only seen the highlights) and the bat-pad appeal against Flintoff (?) was just ridiculous - an appeal of Javed Miandad proportions.

luckyeddie said:
I agree that Warne gets the rough end of the stick on many occasions, but that's because he is an unsufferable prat who has got up the nose of more than one umpire through his own childish behaviour.

If Warne hadn't been such an idiot throughout his entire career with the mock indigration and the running down the middle of the wicket in a blatant attempt to intimidate umpires, he would have got more, I'm sure of that.

Bowden looked seriously brassed off with him today (ok, I've only seen the highlights) and the bat-pad appeal against Flintoff (?) was just ridiculous - an appeal of Javed Miandad proportions.
So you are saying that umpires have a bias agenda?

Two wrongs don't make a right, so lowering themselves to what they perceive as Warne's level by cheating themselves seems rather hypocritical.

Shame they don't have the integrity to rise above it & remain professional, instead of employing a "ha ha, I'll show him" mentality to their decisions.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:

Exactly...Warne should be pulled up by the match referee - his histrionics were absolutely ridiculous... I wouldn't be surprised is Ponting and Hayden were pulled up to - running at the umpire appealing shouldn't be acceptable.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exactly...Warne should be pulled up by the match referee - his histrionics were absolutely ridiculous... I wouldn't be surprised is Ponting and Hayden were pulled up to - running at the umpire appealing shouldn't be acceptable.
Especially with such a blatant not-out too.........

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
well if they arent then england will win the series. Bar some truly awful pitches being prepared.

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
well if england are ever going to get a 500 it would be from this position.

good pitch, tired/injured/old attack....only 5 down and freddy to come on his home patch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
geraint jones must perform if england are to get 500, either that or bell will get 150+ which i cant see happening as much as i would like it to.